Womenswear Product Development Work Placement
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : HAGGERSTON
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Internship
Availability : Full time
Experience : Student
Starting date : February 2021
Salary : unpaid
Eudon Choi is a contemporary ready-to-wear womenswear label, known for combining masculine tailoring with feminine sensibility. Eudon has become a regular fixture at London Fashion Week, achieving numerous accolades for his work and most recently the support from the British Fashion Council and the Fashion Trust.
This is a small, but very busy studio and the placement will help you gain valuable experience working within the fashion industry, and the day to day running of the business. The selected candidate will gain knowledge into the whole production process.
What you will be doing:
•Assisting with Training Manual using Illustrator.
•Assisting with technical spec packs.
•Assisting in products shooting and photos retouching using Photoshop.
•Assisting in seasonal stocktaking.
•Garment costings & ratings.
•Quality control and blemish mending for new season production and stock.
•Ordering and organizing fabric, labels and trims from the suppliers and preparing packs for pattern grading.
•Shipping preparations and arranging delivery of the above to the relevant factories.
•Visiting UK based factories, PR and Sales agency to collect and deliver fabrics and samples etc.
•Liaising with press team and assisting E-commerce Operator.
• You will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual who is currently in education, on a placement semester/ year studying a relevant fashion degree.
• You will have a keen interest in the business side of the fashion industry, as this is not a design internship role, however a knowledge of garment construction and pattern cutting would be beneficial.
• You must be experienced and confident, with technical knowledge of garment construction to a high standard.
What you will learn / we will teach you:
• Improved CAD skills, learning Illustrator, Excel and Photoshop.
• How to create technical specifications for factories.
• Admin and organisation skills including invoicing and accounts.
• How to communicate with factories and suppliers.
• How to undertake quality control.
• Ecommerce and social media skills.