Women's Leather Goods Designer
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : LONDON
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
Starting date : September 2020
Salary : competitive
Paul Smith is a tastemaker – a leader of British and international design trends. With an enthusiasm for eclectic cultural references and idiosyncratic combinations of pattern and colour, applied with understatement, Paul Smith expresses a truly contemporary aesthetic.
•Follow the range plan set by the Head of Accessories and Head of Design.
•Responsible for the design and development, from initial ideas and concepts through to pre-production.
•Initial research into themes, materials and techniques in close collaboration with the Head of Design.
•To communicate design specification to suppliers and manufacturers in collaboration with the Product Development team.
•To be aware of design costs, to achieve target prices as set by the Head of Accessories.
•Responsible for maintaining the critical path and ensuring all specs are issued on time and all samples are available for design presentation by the Head of Accessories.
•Clear communication of any final design amendments with the Production team to ensure the Paul Smith standards are achieved.
• 4/5 years credible experience working in a design environment, working with leather bags and small leather goods, particularly focused on women’s leather goods design.
• Experience developing products from initial research through to the creation of technical specifications.
• Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft packages.
• Knowledge of trends and researching trends within the accessories market.
• Ability to produce excellent accurate and detailed drawings, both freehand and using design programs.
• Excellent planning, prioritising and organisational skills to ensure key deadlines are met.
• The ability to think creatively, with a strong understanding of materials, able to work with colour and print.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• Highly self-motivated and proactive, with excellent communication skills.
• Strong ability to deal with people at all levels and build effective internal and external working relationships.
• A broad interest across various cultural themes, with an interest in fashion, music, literature and the arts.
• Able to travel within the UK and internationally as required.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
To ensure your application is considered, please include a link to your work examples totalling no more than 10 pages that is live for a minimum of at least 4 weeks.
Closing date 31st July 2020