Wholesale Logistics / Sales Internship
Mary Katrantzou was born in Athens in 1983, to an interior designer mother and an entrepreneur father. Her collections revolve around icons of luxury, ideas in art or design that a woman would not be able to wear if it were real. She allows women to wear the beauty found in design, in a subversive way, now boasting 250 stockists ranging from Colette to Selfridges and Barneys and collaborations with 'Atelier Swarovski', Victoria's Secret, Couture house 'Lesage, Longchamp, Topshop, and denim brand Current Elliot. She has also received awards for her innovation in Textiles, winning the Swiss Textile Award in 2010. In November 2011 Katrantzou was awarded the British Fashion Award for Emerging Talent: Womenswear and in February 2012 was awarded Young Designer of the Year at the Elle Style Awards.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven candidate to work with our sales and logistics team for a minimum of 3 months. Our sales team works in tandem with our logistics department and their joint function is a critical part of the wholesale business.
During the Student Work Placement Internship, you will support all logistical requirements across sales, press, and shipping. Ensuring that the critical path from initial sale to stock delivery is completed smoothly and timely. This is an amazing opportunity to work with multi-departments and learn a lot about the way a fashion brand functions.
This is a very hands-on position and we would be looking for someone that is analytical but also a logical thinker. A quick thinker who can help us problem solve and create better practices for the future.
Positive attitude and proactive approach are key.
As part of the sales and logistics team, your responsibilities would include:
- Compiling Reports using our system Zedonk
- Database maintenance
- Customer support
- Creating RA's and checking all stock coming back into the business
- Shipping and booking in couriers
- Regular communication with our warehouse and account manager
- Supporting in processing and checking orders
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Enthusiastic, motivated and a committed self-starter with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to follow through with any issues ensuring appropriate action is taken to resolve to get the appropriate support where necessary.
- Ability to work as part of the company in all aspects of running function effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff structure within the head office in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to demonstrate a focus on commerciality
- Ability to pay attention to details and be able to flag out errors with orders or shipments then rectify.
- Ability to proactively think about "what next"
- Trustworthy, reliable, team player who is able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines