Visual Merchandising Manager Australia & New Zealand
Founded in Nottingham in the 1970’s, the Paul Smith collections have become internationally recognised and Paul Smith is one of Britain’s most renowned and successful designers.
Up until the age of 16, Paul had wanted to be a professional cyclist, but a serious accident set him on a different path. Once out of hospital Paul fell in with a group of art students. They talked constantly about art, architecture and design and Paul found himself longing to be part of that exciting world. From its origins in one small shop in Nottingham in 1970, Paul Smith has grown into a global business, selling in six continents.
Comprising of complete clothing, shoe and accessory collections for men, women and children; representation is further extended by associated product licenses where the potential of the brand has been recognised by key licensees in the fragrance, eyewear and interior businesses.
Through his five press offices in London, Tokyo, Paris, Milan and New York, Paul Smith is able to engage with international media, maintaining a leading profile in fashion, business and lifestyle press around the world.
In honour of his achievements in fashion design Paul Smith received a CBE by HRH The Queen in 1994 and later, for his services to the British fashion industry, Paul Smith was awarded a Knighthood by HRH The Queen on November 2000.
Share your creative vision and flare by applying for our new Visual Merchandising role, based in our Melbourne office.
In this exciting and diverse role, your responsibilities with include managing the visual merchandising and window displays in our retail shops and monitoring the visual merchandising of our wholesale accounts for the Australian and New Zealand market.
• To visually merchandise the store interior, continuously liaising ideas with the Global Head of VM.
• Install the retail window displays monthly, developing ideas alongside the Global Window Display Manager.
• Conduct weekly visits to retail shops and regular visits to our Wholesale Stocklists.
• Assist the Marketing team with projects, with support from the Global Head of VM.
• Carry out product information training on a regular basis to support retail sales.
• Send seasonal training packs for all relevant collections to the Department stores.
• Liaise with Australian and New Zealand customers by sending out seasonal visual support.
• Manage stocktake of all props in the shops and update the Global Head of VM accordingly.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Educated to HSC in Maths and English or equivalent.
• Computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
• Previous credible experience of visual merchandising within high end retail.
• Experience of working on a multiple site basis.
• Ability to train and develop staff.
• Ability to compile reports on sales data.
• Full current driving license.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Exceptional attention to detail, with a commercial & aesthetic awareness.
• Ability to liaise with multiple business partners in a variety of locations.
• Highly systematic and capable of interpreting financial data.
• Uses initiative and prioritises affectively to meet deadlines.
• This role will require lifting and moving of items on a regular basis (manual handling training is provided).
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts –
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• A generous annual leave entitlement