You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Location: Armthorpe, Doncaster
12 hour shifts including days and weekends
About the role:
Working in a fast paced, ever changing Distribution Warehouse, our System Controllers will work alongside a team of engineers, maintaining state of the art systems to ensure a smooth operation and material flow through the Warehouse.
You will be required to;
• Ensure the smooth material flow of all the systems in the warehouse.
• Demonstrate a good technical knowledge and understanding of the warehouse systems and uses the knowledge to determine appropriate actions and solutions.
• Ensure clear communications liaising with third party hotlines to ensure appropriate escalation of system faults for rapid response to solve and resolve system problems.
• Encourages productivity by monitoring all systems and communicating promptly and clearly with the Maintenance Assistant and Engineers via radio about any material flow problems or issues
• Follow Health & Safety requirements at all times
• Have the ability to prioritise and manage own workload, with excellent problem solving skills
• Be a real team player with a proven ability to take ownership for tasks and situations
• Have a proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels and work flexibly
• Experience in a similar industry would be advantageous
• Willingness to follow instructions
• Computer literate
In return we will offer you:
• An opportunity to work with the leading technologies within Warehousing & Logistics
• Continuous training through our internal development programmes
• A competitive salary along with company bonus scheme and contributory pension
• Access to our Sharesave scheme
• Uniform is provided
• Free Parking
• Subsidised canteen
• 25% discount on Next Merchandise
• Up to 70% discount at our staff shops
Still not sure? Click here to find out more about what it’s really like to work for Next.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount