Studio Work Placement
Fashion Consultancy London provides various services to enable you to make your own fashion brand. We provide design, pattern cutting, fabric/trims sourcing, product development, production management and quality control services.
From the design phase through to the packaging of your garments. We provide project management solutions from start to finish for your collection. This service is suitable for start up brands through to existing brands at any level.
At Fashion Consultancy London, we work with highly experienced manufactures and suppliers in the industry. We have a range of contacts that are reliable, offering an extensive range of knowledge. Specialising in different garment types - consistently providing high quality garments at competitive prices by your set deadline.
We can manufacture your garments here in our own in-house factory and abroad, with very low minimums available to you, it's a great place to start for start ups.
We are offering a Studio Student Work Placement, this work placement is aimed at students undertaking their industry placement who would like to improve their skills, improving their skills in sewing and pattern making.This work placement will be valuable to a student who wants to see how a pattern cutting/ sample studio operates.
What you will be doing:
Making patterns from an initial sketch or tech drawing
Making pattern amendments
Cutting your patterns on to fabric to be toile/sampled
Grading patterns that will be going into production
Keeping the studio tidy
Making tech packs
Designing fashion collections using reference images/ concept images
10 am - 6pm
2 months - 12 months internship
Please attach your CV and cover letter.
Only apply if you can come in to London for a interview at our studio.
- Manipulate blocks to make patterns
- How to cut fabric correctly in various types of fabrics as well adding fusing to relevant pattern pieces
- How to grade manually and learn how there are different grade rules depending on the garment
- How to amend patterns after a garment fitting
- Learn how a fashion studio operates
- Improve your sewing skills – constructing a garment
- Improve your knowledge of fabrics and what is the best suitable fabric for the particular style you are creating
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Understands general garment construction
- Can make patterns
- Current fashion student undertaking their industry placement