Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : LONDON
Category : Design
Contract type : Internship
Availability : Full time
Experience : Student
Starting date : 3rd August
Salary : expenses, travel
Roberta Einer is an experimental womenswear designer, working with surface textiles and reimagining the feminine silhouette. Hailing from Tallinn, Estonia, Roberta moved to London and studied on the prestigious design course at University of Westminster and at Central Saint Martins. She gained internships with the likes of Mary Kantrantzou, Claire Barrow and Alexander McQueen and upon graduating, moved to Paris to intern at Balmain for a year.
Returning to London, she established her own label and is now putting new skills and perspective to good use, developing a unique point of view, which appropriates a daring more-is-more aesthetic.
The Designer has gained press in publications including US Vogue, Dazed & Confused, i-D, Hunger magazine and many others and is stocked in stores in Asia, Italy and UK.Irreverent, intense and youthful, this collection represents the modern designer, who adopts traditional craft techniques to new ends and weaves together a wealth of contradictory references to create their own narrative.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your CV and a covering letter together with your Portfolio.
Successful candidates will have a chance to:
-assist with the general studio management
-support organisational side of events, castings, press
-research for trends, fabrics, embroideries
-draping with fabrics
-creating spec and line sheets using Adobe kit
-general assistance and taking part of consultancy, styling and collaboration meetings etc.
-general assistance – sets up meeting rooms etc.
- working on new artworks for embroideries and prints
-assisting in sampling and pattern cutting
-assist working with factories for production
- have a chance to be part of celebrity dressing projects
- Comfortable in drawings and illustrating
- Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign skills
- Experience with traditional hand crafts, embroideries and textiles advasible but not necessary
- Previous and similar experience would be advantageous but not necessary
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work in a team.
- Currently or previously Fashion / Art student