Store Manager Bridgend
Country : United Kingdom
Region : Wales
Town : BRIDGEND
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
You will meet or exceed store sales & KPI targets (as assigned to you by your line manager) and achieve brand standards in customer service and selling, as well as in product presentation and merchandising. You are responsible for reporting, action planning and business performance endeavours and for managing the total store staff by recruiting, training, developing and creating succession plans as needed.
Position in the organisation:
Report directly to the Area Manager UK and Ireland, and give leadership to the Assistant Store Manager, Supervisor and Sales Associates.
- Lead in maximizing sales and profitability through the effective management of store operations and excellent customer service
- Show strong commercial awareness and implement initiatives to drive sales performance. Understand local market trends and competition and communicate this information to line manager
- Understand and improve store performance by analysis of reports and KPIs such as conversion rate, units per transaction and average transaction value
- To monitor all shop overheads i.e. electricity, stationery etc. ensuring budgets are adhered to in order to maximise shop profitability
- Give clear direction, advice, support and guidance to staff, focusing on the delivery of the required standards of customer service and sales.
- Oversee all shop administration ensuring all head office instructions are actioned and staff fully advised of product changes and developments as necessary. To implement any promotional or training initiatives as required
- Give clear direction, advice, support and guidance to staff, focusing on the delivery of the required standards of merchandising, presentation and promotional activity
- Ensure operational excellence is achieved in the back of house areas and that the store achieves compliance with policy, procedure and legal standards.
- Maximize the in-store use of staffing budgets, ensuring best practice in terms of staffing levels and rotas.
- Recruit, train and develop a team of talented individuals, ensuring staff are motivated to see the store succeed and trained on an ongoing basis.
- Minimize staff turnover by practising the retention skills necessary to build a high performing team that operates effectively within a motivating store climate.
- 4-6 years of retail experience
- 2-3 years supervisory experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field (or 2 years additional experience in lieu of a degree)
- Retail operations, budgeting, planning, customer service, people development and management
- Extensive experience in leading a top level of customer service in a brand retailer
We look forward to receiving your application online.