Specialist, Flow Room
Country : United Kingdom
Region : East Midlands
County : Leicestershire
Town : COALVILLE
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : Less than 2 years
Rotating shifts 6am - 2.30pm / 2.30pm - 11pm
Salary Range: £27,000 - £29,120 per year
VF Corporation is looking for an exceptional Flow Room Technician. This position is based in Bardon, Leicestershire, UK.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It's the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let's Talk about the Role
As a Flow Room Technician, you will work as part of small diverse team in an evolving department that's purpose is to keep our orders flowing.
The role works hand in hand with our DC Operations and Engineering teams to keep the site moving.
How You Will Make a Difference
* Monitoring reporting tools to ensure performance meets the required standards and identify and implement countermeasures where required
* Work closely with the Planning Analysts & Systems Specialist to deliver future change improvements
* Responsibility for the workflow (waving) delivery & management of system parameters to ensure optimal flow of product throughout the systems
* Delivery of 5s process standards with an understanding of audit requirements
* Ensuring process adherence and quality metrics are delivered at all stages of the process
* Monitoring area workloads to ensure that the focus remains on delivering site volumes in the most efficient way
* Executing event strategy to optimise system performance, contributing to cost efficiencies in labour & maintaining customer failure rate below tolerance for Late Despatch and Nil Picks
* Supporting the culture of Health and Safety leading by example to ensure proactive actions and attitudes at all stages to eliminate the risk of accident
Skills for Success
You should be someone who has proven technician experience working in a fast-paced Flow Room environment who has:
* Experience of Flow or Control Room processes and systems
* A detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) for automated distribution centres
* A detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) for automated distribution centres
* The ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written formats
* A strong analytical mindset who can demonstrate decision led leadership
What's in it For You
We're in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we're the total package:
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
* Subsidised canteen and break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
* Health Shield membership and access to numerous health and wellbeing initiatives including an on-site gym
* 28 days holiday rising to 34 with length of service and your birthday off
* Smart pension scheme - 8% employer contribution
* Free secure onsite parking and discounts with local public transport
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!