Paul Smith is Britain’s foremost designer. He is renowned for his creative spirit, which combines tradition and modernity. Famous for its clothing and accessories collections, Paul Smith specialises in an inventive use of traditional craftsmanship and cutting-edge design to create beautifully made, desirable, modern pieces.
Paul Smith is a tastemaker – a leader of British and international design trends. With an enthusiasm for eclectic cultural references and idiosyncratic combinations of pattern and colour, applied with understatement, Paul Smith expresses a truly contemporary aesthetic.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our new Paul Smith shop opening at Bow Lane as Shop Manager.
This is Monday -Friday only.
In this role, you will act as brand ambassador and have overall responsibility for the running of the Shop.You will drive, with strategic vision to achieve and exceed set financial targets whilst providing an iconic customer-service experience.As a natural leader you will ensure the development of all staff, to deliver outstanding results whilst maintaining operational excellence.
• To maintain and increase sales throughout the year and achieve set financial targets.
• To effectively manage all the shop staff, in close liaison with the Area Manager. With particular reference to recruitment, induction, training, discipline, appraisals and payroll.
• To increase the shop customer base by actively pursuing new audience through networking in the city.
• To maintain a high level of customer service at all times within the Shop.
• To ensure the Store has the correct levels of stock and that replenishment orders are placed, in close liaison with the Retail Merchandise Team.
• To ensure that the Store is always merchandised to the Company’s desired standard and that, with liaison with the Display Department.
This shop will be open Monday -Friday only.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts –
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Uniform Allowance
• Competitive Managers Bonus Scheme
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• Full time week based on 36 hours
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
• Minimum educated to A level standard / Higher Grades plus GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent, or high level of practical attainment. Advanced computer literacy in Excel and Word.
• Previous proven Shop Manager experience in high fashion retail. Skilled at increasing Retail sales.
• Proven practical man management skills/managed a team of a minimum of 8 people.
• Ability to drive and develop sales; ability to interpret sales related data.
• Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service. Motivational leadership skills.
• Excellent proven retail operational skills & standards. Keen eye for attention to detail.
• Previous experience conducting staff appraisals/dealing with staff issues effectively.
• High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
• Highly self-motivated & enthusiastic; ability to lead a team and motivate others.
• Influential and confident with the ability to deal with people at all levels; ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
• Displays initiative and is creative. Flexible & adaptable.
• Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith. Smart appearance and individual.