Senior Online Finance Analyst
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the Team
The Next Online (internet and catalogue) business is extremely fast paced and constantly changing. Working in the Directory Finance Team, this exciting and challenging role underpins our trade reporting and provides financial support for the management of the Online Call Centre.
You’ll be responsible for supporting the cost centres that produce the Next Catalogue including Print and Fulfilment and the creative teams producing the imagery assets. You’re key duties will involve Month End close activities and working with key business stakeholders to drive and generate value.
About the Role
• Carry out all month end duties for an annual cost of up to £100m, ensuring that the general ledger balances are accurate through to calculating and posting relevant journals and accruals as part of Month End close.
• Review the Month End position with relevant Directors and Senior Finance Business Partners.
• Budget for all cost areas relating to the print, fulfilment and creation costs as well as maintaining publication cost models to accurately forecast costs.
• Take ownership of cost areas and build good business links with relevant business partners across the business including producing timely MI to enable cost control and present this to the cost centre managers.
• Assist business partners to drive efficiencies, help produce business cases and profitability models.
• Deputise for the Finance Manager in their absence and work on your own development plan to progress into a management position.
• Good knowledge of data manipulation, logic, formatting and formula is essential.
• Effective communication at all levels including presentation complex financial data in a meaningful way to a senior leadership population.
• Excellent relationship building and influencing skills with stakeholders across multiple business areas.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to assimilate large volumes of data.
• Excellent excel skills is essential and experience of working with SQL would be desirable.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery