Senior Dev Ops Engineer (Merchandise Operations Management Systems)
Country : United Kingdom
Region : East
County : Hertfordshire
Town : Watford
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
You will work within an agile release train (ART) based on the Scalable Agile Framework (SAFe). Your responsibilities will include leading and performing DevOps activities to: design, develop, deploy and support the DevOps capabilities that enable the MOM ART's Continuous Delivery Pipeline. The ideal candidate will have strong, hands-on technical skills with the TJX enterprise tools and a track record of success collaborating across a large IT enterprise.
- Maintain broad knowledge in the area of DevOps standard methodologies, tools and capabilities.
- Develop strong, meaningful relationships throughout the MOM ART and the various TJX IT shared services.
- Collaborate across the IT organization and with 3rd party vendors.
- Partner throughout the MOM ART to clearly define the MOM DevOps success criteria and across TJX IT to deliver the supporting tools and patterns.
- Demonstrate the TJX Enterprise DevOps tools & patterns while continuously improving the MOM-specific DevOps capabilities.
- Fully demonstrate the TJX JIRA based agile processes to efficiently collaborate on requirements, proof-of-concepts, Kanban work, acceptance testing and status reporting.
- Provide technical hands-on skills to develop, configure and implement MOM ART DevOps solutions that drive ART efficiencies and improve operational product stability/quality.
- Measure the utilization and effectiveness of the DevOps solutions to identify and deliver continuous improvements.
- Consistently and effectively communicate a detailed understanding of the components of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline (CDP) within the SAFe Agile methodology, the importance of those components, and the standard methodologies for effectively demonstrating the CDP.
- Support the MOM ART's efforts to adhere to all business operational controls such as: Sarbanes Oxley, Security Policies, Enterprise Change Management Procedures, Compliance Reporting, etc.
- Support the MOM ART's efforts to effectively handle and support a suite of environments of different types, supporting multiple geographies and various uses in the development lifecycle.
- Coach, mentor and support others to increase the DevOps awareness, capabilities and efficiency of the MOM ART and throughout TJX IT.
- A specialist understanding of DevOps automation concepts, Ci/CD Pipeline configuration standard methodologies and source code management tools.
- Familiarity with ORACLE's Retail Architecture.
- Extensive DevOps design, development and support proficiency including standard methodologies for using active directory groups and service accounts.
- Expertise with many of the key TJX IT DevOps technologies and tools such as : Bitbucket, Cloudbees Core, Artifactory, Veracode, SonarQube, Ansible Tower, Liquibase, HP ALM, Selenium, Service Now Organizational Change and others.
- Not essential but some experience with: Azure, Groovy, Maven or Splunk would be advantageous
- Familiarity with active directory groups service accounts, JIRA and Confluence could also be advantageous
- Validated hands-on success developing, building and supporting automated DevOps capabilities demonstrated across multiple scrum teams.
- Ability to perform technical due diligence, avoid tangents, accurately handle scope, set clear expectations and communicate optimal to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to understand and accurately balance both the big picture and the short term perspectives of specific situations.
- Effectively communicate a detailed understanding of DevOps concepts and tools.
- Demonstrate a meaningful DevOps architectural/design level of knowledge that includes: Security, Automation, Functionality, Maintenance, Monitoring and Supportability.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the software development lifecycle within both the SAFe Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and influence others to achieve results.
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.
Merchandising, Operations Manager, Manager, Engineer, Retail, Operations, Management, Engineering