Senior Counter Manager – Luxury Make up/Beauty – West End London
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : LONDON
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
Starting date : ASAP
Salary : £50k + commission
Our client is the most influential and sought-after makeup artist in the world. Proficient in every facet of beauty, ranging from everyday subliminal looks to sublime high glamour and the drama of subversive avant-garde. They have designed makeup looks for countless runway shows, breakthrough advertising campaigns and editorial spreads.
Their creative vision has made them a tour de force – and one that touches everything from screen to stage to digital.
If successful, you will be the Brand authority and ambassador at the counter, overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations to reach sales objectives and enable best in class customer experience while building a strong motivated team.
Reporting to the Director of Europe, you will be managing the complete operations of the Brand at the counter, while ensuring a high level of productivity and driving a seamless client experience. This position requires an individual with a strong consumer and commercial mindset to both solidify our brand market share and scale up the business to its full potential.
- Manging team of 10-15 Lead Make-up Artists, and freelance Make-up Artists.
- Manage all communication with the Brand and store’s representatives to maximize sales and increase productivity
- Manage all communication with head office, team members and the brand store’s representatives
- Role is 50/50 operation/administration and leading the team from the front
- Communicate any opportunity to leverage the brand within the store and able to execute events/animations based on the marketing plan to grow sales in both volume and value, review, analyse and report the global business performance on weekly and monthly basis vs competition, budget, beauty trends.
- Analyse and report business productivity of animations / seasonal events or collections
- Build weekly sales plan
- Build the data base (according to store’s guidelines) •
- Review productivity levels per team member and ensure that store’s KPIs are met.
- Provide coaching and feedback on the team performance to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction
- Propose and implement staff incentives to grow sales and motivate the team members
- Build the weekly rotas ensuring equity within the team members • Build trust and business relationship across the Beauty department
- Model behaviour on-brand and with professionalism, with everybody: customers, department store managers, etc.
- Foster teamwork which will allow you to develop the clients’ acquisition
- Perform all stock keeping processes and ensure replenishing all SKUs doing the 80/20 business
- Ensure timely processing of orders, damages, and RTVs
- Ensure merchandising of the products are properly managed and order testers for both display and make-overs
- Always present a clean and well-maintained counter following PMG and store’s hygiene protocols.
- Timely place hygiene orders
- Attend Brand trainings when requested and ensure that all team members do so as well
- Ensure that all policies and procedures, from PMG and the store, are implemented and fully respected
- 5 years + experience in managing a high-volume Make up/ Beauty counters / stores delivering best customer experience
- Managing luxury department store counters
- Excellent makeup artistry skills with ability to connect artistry to sales
- Understand how brand training, events, animations and product strategies drive sales
- Advanced expertise in the Beauty market, knowing the leading Brands in the UK
- Proven track record of driving results
- Strong interpersonal and multicultural skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of people
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities or focus
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule with department store hours (early, middle, late shifts), weekends and/or holidays
- Proven experience in leading and motivating teams in excess of 12 staff, including providing direction, understanding resource capability and successfully driving results working with internal or external resources
- Must be able to multi-task, be flexible and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint (Pack office)
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing / walking at the counter and around the Beauty Department, stock room, etc.
- Excellent colour vision
Additional to the salary:
- Commission up to 20% of salary (£10,000) based on sales performance
- 28 days + Bank Holidays = 36 days
- Stakeholder pension
Due to a large number of applicants, only successful candidates will contacted.