Retail Store Manager - Soho
Glassworks was founded in London, in 2010, a fashion retailer known for its bold style and exclusive designs. With three stores in Shoreditch, Soho and Dalston and plans under way for more, Glassworks is gradually increasing awareness whilst keeping its focus on the trend leaders who found it first.
The Retail Store Manager will be a highly organized, confident self-starter who will take on the responsibility of managing one Glassworks retail location on a day-to-day basis. You will lead a retail team staffed appropriate to your location and will report into the CEO. This role is perfect for someone who is driven to succeed in retail management who is mature, quick-thinking and can handle a range of situations and personalities. No two days are the same and as the company grows, the stores will be regularly improved and performance targets elevated. As you will be responsible for the daily management of the store, you must be able to work and lead independently and will have previous experience that illustrates this strength. This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an ambitious person to play a core role in driving a company to success.
- Managing the people, store operations and store environment to achieve sales, service, organisation, customer satisfaction, profitability goals and maintain operational standards;
- Planning and distributing the staffing schedule keeping labour costs within budget;
- Managing the retail team and developing in-store talent including setting and delivering rewards and recognition for the team;
- Recruiting and delivering new staff training/onboarding process and continued staff training for new information/procedures;
- Effectively managing performance and corrective action processes in conjunction with Human Resources;
- Overseeing the stock delivery, stock transfer and stock room maintenance processes;
- Monitoring the store sales targets/KPIs and managing the team and operations to achieve excellent store performance marks in monthly management reviews;
- Developing and communicating creative strategies (e.g., product requests, VM ideas) to maximise the role of the store within the territory; and,
- Working with the marketing and new business teams to coordinate and manage new projects in your store (e.g., personal shopping, in-store events, photo shoots).
•A minimum of 3-5 years of retail management experience is essential, preferably in women’s fashion
•IT skills – you will be comfortable using and learning new technologies. This includes Microsoft Excel, an electric POS system, barcoding software, etc. You will receive training but must be a quick learner in this area and able to sort out basic technology issues independently
•You must be mature, honest, and hard-working with great management and interpersonal skills and a keen eye for detail
•A natural ability and strong desire to manage and lead
•Professional, well spoken, with excellent communication skills