322 Kings Road
SW3 5UH United Kingdom
Retail Store Assistant Supervisor
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : CHELSEA
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
ABOUT PERUVIAN CONNECTION
Since 1976, Peruvian Connection has made ethnographic textiles the point of reference for its artisan-made, luxury fibre collections. In addition to the label’s signature knitwear, it offers a range of romantic dresses, superbly tailored outerwear and unique handcrafted accessories, all exclusively designed by and for Peruvian Connection.
By leveraging the potential of multi-channel marketing, we seek to promote and perpetuate Andean and other artisan textile traditions through our original, luxury fibre collections.
•We will maintain a position of leadership within the niche of Peruvian luxury fibres of alpaca and pima cotton with our unique, original designs.
•We will stay competitive in the global marketplace by remaining true to our artisan textile design base, whilst embracing innovation and fashion trend.
•We will provide our customers with products of superior design, construction, fit and quality within the context of the highest level of customer and employee service.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including health, short and long-term disability, life insurance, employee assistance program, vacation, and fabulous product discounts. Peruvian Connection works with employees to balance schedules between work and home. We value diversity and collaboration.
WHO WE ARE
WHAT WE DO: A celebration of art, culture and the fabric of human existence
HOW WE BEGAN: A classic kitchen-table mail order story
STORE LOCATIONS: Exceptional clothing, accessories and home décor
USA: Located in Tonganoxie, Kansas, our worldwide headquarters are still located on the family farm, with the corporate offices housed in a remodeled barn more than 100 years old. "The Farm" is near the Kansas City metro, a vibrant city with beautiful residential areas, wonderful shopping and dining, and a diverse group of major employers. Kiplinger Magazine has rated Kansas City as one of the 50 Smart Places to Live.
In Tonganoxie, we employ individuals in our design, inventory management, service and call centre, warehouse and order fulfillment, creative, finance, ecommerce and administrative areas, and provide support for customers throughout the world. Our New York City design office employs a staff dedicated to creating our unique collection of woven merchandise.
UK: The European operation began in 1995, serving just the UK, and moving to the larger premises at Goring-on-Thames in 1999 as the business grew to accommodate the company entering the German market. The Goring operation employs dozens of people and consists of a call centre with English and German-speaking staff as well as a warehouse and order fulfillment operation which serves our primary European markets.
PERU: Our office in Lima, Peru works closely with our vendors in the development of our textiles and the production of our unique merchandise, as well as the assurance of its quality.
Visit our beautiful Store locations for more information about each retail store. We are periodically recruiting for store manager, assistant manager and retail store associate positions.
Peruvian Connection has provided exceptional, artisan-made knitwear as well as coats, dresses, and accessories to discerning, educated customers in the US, UK and Germany since 1976.Andean luxury fibers alpaca and pima cotton, a sophisticated design and color aesthetic, and global, museum-quality textiles are the inspiration for our products.Peruvian Connection evolved from a catalog company to one of the early online fashion brands and now provides omni-channel retail in contact centers, eCommerce sites, and seven retail locations in the US and London.We are one of a few brands offering original design, artisan-made apparel, with special attention to detail and fit.Peruvian Connection’s roots are with cottage industry artisans in Peru and other South American countries, many of whom have been with us from the beginning, and we continue to support their work.
We are looking for a Full Time Store Assistant Supervisor-Keyholder for our beautiful London retail store who can help lead the team in ensuring the success of the store by driving sales, leading and coaching people, assisting in the coordination of merchandise and marketing efforts, and leveraging our mobile technology to accomplish customer sales and outreach.
- Deliver the highest level of customer service so that each customer understands our superior luxury fibers, design, fit, and quality, and develops an ongoing relationship with Peruvian Connection.
- Assist the store manager in ensuring the success of the store by driving sales, leading and developing people.
- Overseeing all opening and closing procedures. This includes all forms that are emailed daily.
- Checking store email and replying to all needs associated with the store.
- Making sure that all areas of the store are appropriately covered to ensure the highest quality customer service.
Sales and Budget
- Understand the daily, weekly and month sales goals for store. Share goals with all staff members in store manager’s absence. Help track progress against goals using a visual method so that all staff are aware.
- Share responsibility for meeting or exceeding sales plans.
- Actively coach employees regarding customer interactions and how to turn those conversations into sales.
Merchandise and Visual Standards
- Ensure that catalogs are readily available to customers, and offer transfers and shipments to home whenever needed.
- Assisting with merchandising when needed.
- Develop and manage a team of individuals who want to be a part of PC’s focus on luxury fibers, Artisan quality, and superior design, and are capable of translating that message to the customer.
- When an opportunity to hire arises, take your time. Involve others in the selection process; each individual hired should be interviewed by more than one person. Involve team members if appropriate.
- Be familiar with PC’s HR policies and follow them.
- Treat employees with respect and trust, seeking their input in solutions.
- Ensure that the store opens and closes according to store set hours of operation.
- Clear and consistent communication with store manager, which includes phone, email, and in person.
- Ensure that all breaks are taken in a timely fashion according to the store and employee needs, along with policy considerations.
- Learn to use PC’s systems and equipment. Be curious. Ask for support if you need it.
- Suggest changes to improve the use of technology whenever possible via your store manager.
- Must be proficient in all opening and closing procedures.
- Accepting stock into the Back Office (POS) system. This includes transferring stock to and from current location.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Associate’s Degree Preferred
- 2+ years related management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service understanding
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Basic Business Math Skills
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Interested applicants can apply by applying in response to this online ad, or by sending a resume to the email on our company website. Our London retail store is located at 322 Kings Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 5UH United Kingdom.