Products Editor And Photography Intern
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : LONDON
Category : Photography - Runway
Contract type : Internship
Availability : Part time
Experience : Student
Starting date : 15/01/2021
Salary : 0
Style Cartel, a consortium of fashion, art, beauty, travel and luxury lovers who look to showcase the best of each sector for a wider ranged audience. The site contributors are a mix of talents, ages, opinions and styles. We walk in heels and run in sneakers, as we believe fashion was meant to be mixed and matched. From the Chanel tweed jacket and chucks to skinny jeans paired with heels, our focus is about what’s on trend as well as supporting the philanthropic efforts of a study.
Our mission is to provide a platform for women to write/create their heart out and show incredible insight into all things fashion & lifestyle! We all have a voice. Stop hiding what's inside you! The world deserves to hear what you have to say! Do you love fashion and cool content? Want to create creative content? Get in touch.
Style Cartel is looking to hire a products editor and photography intern who specialises or has a thorough knowledge of commercial product imagery. Ideally studying on a relevant BA arts undergraduate degree with working hours discussed upon interview, the candidate will take on a fundamental role in assisting the editor with the updating and organisation of the magazine’s PR product spreadsheet. The candidate will also liaise regularly with members of the photo department in the shooting and editing of high-quality product imagery for beauty and lifestyle content on our website and social media pages.
Updating the Style Cartel products list taking note of PR deliveries sent by brands including names, details of the products and their logistics.
Developing 1-2 beauty, fashion and/or lifestyle editorial concepts a month in the form of a product review, photo look books collections or written articles of your own choice with the editors’ guidance.
Capturing and Editing well-composed product photographs through digital cameras, photographic equipment and lighting.
Filming product unboxing videos, Instagram reels and video content.
Uploading Content onto Style Cartel’s archive log.
- Knowledge of Google Docs and Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook are REQUIRED for this role.
- Knowledge of Product Photography with small portfolio of 4-5 images.
- Good understanding of Instagram, Stories, Reels and TikTok.
- Operation of DSLR Cameras and associated studio and lighting equipment is essential.
- Candidate must have their own camera.
- Basic video filming skills is essential.
- Adobe Photoshop and Premier Pro knowledge is ESSENTIAL. Lightroom, After Effects and InDesign is desirable.
- Excellent writing and grammar required.
- Knowledge of WordPress is desirable however candidate will be trained by editor how to make posts.
- Ability to work independently and in a group.