Founded in 1923 by the Haythornthwaite family in Lancashire, Grenfell began as a ‘wonder-fabric’ developed specifically to meet the outerwear needs of explorer and missionary doctor, Sir Wilfred Grenfell who agreed to lend the fine cloth his name. Over the following decades it was worn by British Royalty, racing car drivers, adventurers and aviatrixes, outdoorsmen, sportsmen and style icons including Cary Grant.
Grenfell re-launched in 2015 with a collection of luxury iconic outerwear and a collaborative capsule with Bluebird and members of the Campbell family inspired by original pieces from Grenfell’s beginnings.
We are currently looking for a Production Manager for our luxury lifestyle brand.
This is a unique experience to work in a Production team who control in house manufacturing of all garments.
The purpose of this role is to manage the supply and internal manufacturing requirements; production planning and purchasing of the global requirements of products across all elements of the business, ultimately ensuring delivery is OTIF and to the agreed quality standards set by the company.
- Liaising with clients & processing orders attained through trade shows and regional agents
- Producing dockets (production sheets) & schedules for orders
- Critical Path Management
- Implementing and monitoring KPI's
- Collating fabrics and trimmings requirement lists
- Ensuring orders are met on time
- Liaising with suppliers & placing orders
- Liaising with Sales Agents
- Liaising with courier companies & handling logistic collections
- Assisting with sampling when and if needed
- Assisting with fashion shows
The correct candidate must have excellent customer service skills as at times you may be speaking directly with high net worth clients.
Knowledge & experience of Microsoft Excel & Word.
You will be working alone at times and will be required to have professional initiative and must be able to meet deadlines.
This is an operations position; the successful candidate must be highly organised and professional at all times.
Previous fashion background is advantageous but not essential.