SKIIM is a Parisienne style, London- based leather and suede brand creating women’s prêt à porter in responsibly sourced skins. Collections are style rather than trend lead, and inspired by the attitude of iconic French cinema and actresses from the 60’s and 70’s. SKIIM values freedom, humility, depth and personality.
SKIIM is looking for a strategic and passionate new member to join our design studio in West London as our Production Manager. The successful applicant will be responsible for overseeing the full life-cycle of our product and will be responsible for delivering all production to the highest standard and in line with the critical path. The candidate should have minimum 2+ years experience in a similar role and must possess strong planning and cost analysis skills.
Working within a small team requires a candidate with self-motivation, strong management skills, and the ability to multi task, prioritise and problem solve in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain constant contact with suppliers and manufactures.
- Responsible for preparing official line sheets for sales each season.
- Input of product costing’s for every season including RTW and Accessories.
- Work closely with in house Pattern Cutters and Sampling and Development team to ensure all production comments and correct technicals are submitted to factories.
- Management of the production critical path to ensure all products are delivered on time.
- Responsible for making QC visits to our manufacturers.
- Instigate strategies to minimize production risks through calculated and effective sourcing decisions.
- Create a production model that services a business that requires, short lead-times and complex garments made to a high standard.
- Continuously review all current suppliers for suitability and identify new suppliers to improve efficiency and quality.
- Involved in the full life cycle of each product from Sampling and Development through to delivery.
- Place bulk Purchase orders with suppliers/manufacturers making sure they deliver in line with the critical path.
- Attend all Production fit meetings to ensure each product is being produced to the highest standard and in the most efficient way.
- Invoice management against approved costs and PO’s, tracking all departmental invoices to ensure efficient processing for timely payments to avoid production delays.
The Ideal Candidate
- 2 years + experience working in a similar Production role for a high-end luxury brand.
- Previous leather industry experience beneficial
- Must possess strong planning, cost analysis and margin knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (knowledge of Portuguese beneficial but not essential).
- Experience in critical path management.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly determined and motivated, with a proactive and hardworking attitude.
- Willing to travel overseas when needed.
- Ability to combine challenges of working in a creative and spontaneous environment where each day is different.
- Must be good at problem solving with an ability to work under pressure.
- Technical understanding of garment construction.
- Previous experience using Zedonk is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be a hands on team player, and ability to sustain productive relationships with others.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you and you're keen to take the next step in your career, then SKIIM would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending a cover letter and your CV.