Product Development Assistant
Country : United Kingdom
Region : East Midlands
County : Nottinghamshire
Town : NOTTINGHAM
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : Less than 2 years
Starting date : ASAP
Salary : competitive
He is renowned for his creative aesthetic, which combines tradition and modernity.
Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company.
Paul’s saying, that 'you can find inspiration in everything’, means that references are eclectic, coming from high art and everyday life. Each Paul Smith design is underpinned by a dry British sense of humour: quirky but not frivolous, eccentric but not silly.
Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
• Creation of coding on the Prima system for all accessories products, ensuring consistency and accuracy.
• To place sample orders in line with the critical path.
• To inform factories of all colour-ways and relevant information, to ensure that samples are made correctly and within the delivery deadlines.
• To work with the Design team, ensuring that the finished products meet both aesthetic and commercial requirements.
• Working with the Development Manager to check samples and ensure that the quality and styling is correct.
• To assist in the sourcing, ordering and development of all new fabrics and trims in conjunction with the Development Manager.
• To meet with suppliers in the U.K. and internationally and to attend sourcing and sampling appointments.
• Proven sampling experience, from development through to pre-production.
• Credible experience working in a busy Production and Development team.
• Experience of working to a critical path and meeting key deadlines.
• Experience of liaising with factories and suppliers in both UK and international markets.
• Relevant qualification in Fashion and Textiles, Fashion Technology or related subject or equivalent practical attainment or experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly Word and Excel.
• Very bright and practical, with excellent clear and concise written and verbal skills.
• Adept planning, prioritisation and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
• The ability to work to strict deadlines and keep calm under pressure
• Cultural sensitivity, with the ability to work and liaise internally and externally.
• Highly self-motivated and able to use initiative to achieve the required results.
• This post will involve travel to both UK and International suppliers.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days
Please note, this role is not eligible for sponsorship in the Skilled Worker visa category.
Closing Date 10th May 2021