Procurement Category Manager
Superdry is a genuine British success story that has grown to an annual turnover of £872m, with our brand already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
The Procurement function at Superdry is still relatively new and was created just a couple of years ago, but we’re now building the team! Procurement play a pivotal role in selecting and managing over 2,000 global suppliers, adding value to the business making sure we work with only the best partners to help us grow.
In this newly created role of Category Manager you will support the Procurement Manager in the delivery of agreed objectives in line with the Procurement strategy. You will provide a commercial procurement category management function for multiple categories of GNFR (goods not for resale) expenditure.
Suitable applicants will be working at a Category Manager level, ideally with experience working within Retail and be excited by the opportunity to come into a new role in a growing team.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across all business functions, understanding their requirements and shaping relevant category strategies alongside them.
- Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams where required.
- Cultivate and manage key supplier relationships for long-term strategic partnering.
- Undertake the procurement process for RFI, RFP, e-procurement, negotiation and vendor management in relevant categories, driving suitable benefits.
- Instil and demonstrate procurement best practice across the business.
- Drive value via cost saving without impinging upon service or quality.
- Resolve supplier risk / issues and escalate accordingly.
- Highly analytical, numerate, an advanced Excel user with strong attention to detail.
- An experienced Procurement / Buying professional, some greenfield Procurement experience would also be desirable.
- Ideally someone who has worked within Retail, but not essential.
- CIPS qualified, or working towards (we are happy to support with obtaining the qualification).
- Collaborative, personable, a strong communicator, tenacious with excellent influencing skills.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes
- Eligibility to join our Share Save initiatives
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised cafe
- A range of team and company-wide social events
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more