Procurement Category Manager
SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale.
The Superdry brand is a genuine British success story that has grown to a turnover of £872m, £97m profit and a strategic plan in place that will make us a £1bn turnover company by 2020. Our brand is already worth £1.6bn in total global consumer sales. We are a multichannel operator with well-developed and highly successful retail, ecommerce, wholesale and franchise businesses and customers in virtually every country in the world. We are well on our way to achieving our goal of becoming a global digital brand.
The Procurement function at Superdry is still relatively new and was created just a couple of years ago, but we’re now building the team! Procurement play a pivotal role in selecting and managing over 2,000 global suppliers, adding value to the business making sure we work with only the best partners to help us grow.
In this newly created role of Category Manager you will support the Procurement Manager in the delivery of agreed objectives in line with the Procurement strategy. You will provide a commercial procurement category management function for multiple categories of GNFR (goods not for resale) expenditure.
Suitable applicants will be working at a Category Buyer level ready for the next step up in their career, ideally with experience working with Digital functions (e.g. e-commerce, marketing and IT), and be excited by the opportunity to come into a new role in a growing team.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders across all business functions, understanding their requirements and shaping relevant category strategies alongside them.
- Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional teams where required.
- Cultivate and manage key supplier relationships for long-term strategic partnering.
- Undertake the procurement process for RFI, RFP, e-procurement, negotiation and vendor management in relevant categories, driving suitable benefits.
- Instil and demonstrate procurement best practice across the business.
- Drive value via cost saving without impinging upon service or quality.
- Resolve supplier risk / issues and escalate accordingly.
- Highly analytical, numerate, an advanced Excel user with strong attention to detail.
- An experienced Procurement / Buying professional, working at a Buyer level and ready for the next step in your career; some greenfield Procurement experience would also be desirable.
- Ideally someone who has worked alongside e-commerce, marketing or IT teams.
- CIPS qualified, or working towards (we are happy to support with obtaining the qualification).
- Collaborative, personable, a strong communicator, tenacious with excellent influencing skills.
Working for Superdry has never been so rewarding…
- Everyone receives a generous salary, pension contributions, life assurance and 25 days holiday.
- One of a kind Founder Share Plan, plus other great Share Scheme initiatives.
- Unrivalled range of Learning & Development programmes.
- Amazing staff discount, 50% online and in store, plus an on-site staff shop and subsidised Café.
- A range of team and social events (we even had a catwalk show in a castle!)
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, wellbeing services and much, much more.