A global luxury lifestyle brand and one of the premier names in American fashion, Diane von Furstenberg was founded in 1972 by the designer. Renowned for its iconic wrap dress and signature prints, DVF has expanded to a full collection of ready-to-wear and accessories including shoes, handbags, small leather goods, scarves, and fine jewelry. In 2012, its Founder and Co-Chairman, Diane von Furstenberg, was named the most powerful woman in fashion by Forbes Magazine. Headquartered in New York City, DVF now boasts a global distribution network in over 55 countries and 1500 points of sale including 85 DVF owned and partnered stores throughout North and South America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
The role of the Planning Intern is to support the International Buyer & Planner and the International Retail Director with the planning for the EU full-price stores, outlets and online.
1.Complete the weekly sales pack to monitor trade and style performance for the past week and submit to New York Planning & Merchandising team.
2.Put together weekly best and worst sellers and making reorder recommendations to maximise sales.
3.Providing end of season sell thru analysis, compiling reports for the Buyer & Planner to use for new season buys and advise the product merchandising team.
4.Monitoring and reviewing product replenishment levels in line with sales and store cover.
5.Supporting the Retail team with stock enquiries and expected intake/delivery dates.
6.Order entry – ensuring initial orders are entered in the system ahead of production deadlines and processing reorders for stores and online in-season.
7.The candidate will need to work with several other teams including Sales, Logistics & Finance as the Planning function is a very pivotal one.
- An analytical degree or experience is preferred along with retail experience.
- Numerate & computer literate - good level of Excel is a must.
- Understanding of the DVF brand heritage, product and customer profile.
- Have a sense of urgency and ability to deal swiftly with changing requests.
- Team player with the ability to work using own initiative when required.
- Highly organized with an ability to multi task.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Innovative and proactive, with a problem-solving approach.