Next Sourcing - Assistant Designer - Boyswear And Girlswear
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
If your experience to date combines creativity, outstanding commercial awareness and delivering exceptional design, then this opportunity is going to be something you might be interested in.
About the team:
Design and develop new ranges, taking responsibility for everything from design concept through to technical development and product selection.
About the role:
- Assist with the design and development of our Childrenswear collections, producing graphic designs that represent the very latest fashion trends
- Assist with the creation of design packs; using CAD to produce technical garment specifications.
- React quickly to mid season changes and developments whilst ensuring everything you produce drives newness and meets design standards.
- Qualified to degree level in Design or similar subject
- Experience of working within a similar role
- Must have the ability to create placement graphics, as well as AOP prints, in a broad range of graphic and hand-painted handwritings
- Experience of designingembroideries and embellishments
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to create volume quality work is essential, as you will be working across multiple departments with multiple designers
- Exceptional attention to detail and creative thinking
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work independently on projects and briefs
- Work effectively on your own initiative
- Must know how to spec artworks for tech packs
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery