Merchandising Assistant - Full Price
Founded in Nottingham in the 1970’s, the Paul Smith collections have become internationally recognised and Paul Smith is one of Britain’s most renowned and successful designers.
Up until the age of 16, Paul had wanted to be a professional cyclist, but a serious accident set him on a different path. Once out of hospital Paul fell in with a group of art students. They talked constantly about art, architecture and design and Paul found himself longing to be part of that exciting world. From its origins in one small shop in Nottingham in 1970, Paul Smith has grown into a global business, selling in six continents.
Comprising of complete clothing, shoe and accessory collections for men, women and children; representation is further extended by associated product licenses where the potential of the brand has been recognised by key licensees in the fragrance, eyewear and interior businesses.
Through his five press offices in London, Tokyo, Paris, Milan and New York, Paul Smith is able to engage with international media, maintaining a leading profile in fashion, business and lifestyle press around the world.
In honour of his achievements in fashion design Paul Smith received a CBE by HRH The Queen in 1994 and later, for his services to the British fashion industry, Paul Smith was awarded a Knighthood by HRH The Queen on November 2000.
The primary function of this role is to provide full support to the Merchandising team including individual cover for the Merchandisers and Assistant Merchandisers when they are unavailable. This role will cover specific product groups and ensure that replenishment and consolidations are actioned accordingly and reported in the weekly trade meetings, in addition to producing ad hoc reports for the team, summarising weekly shop feedback and acting as a point of contact for Ecommerce on any matters outside of specific collections.
• Support the Merchandising team in any day to day ad hoc tasks including reporting.
• Monitor and action consolidations, whilst reporting on their effectiveness.
• Take responsibility for specific product groups and ensure they are maintained according to the seasonal calendar.
• To liaise with production and the warehouse regarding deliveries and ensure priority styles are pushed through and sent out to shops.
• Respond to store feedback regarding deliveries via the weekly trade reports and summarise the feedback for the buying and merchandising teams.
• Set up and housekeep the seasonal replenishment plan and assist in producing the weekly top level reports.
• Promptly respond to all calls and emails from Retail Shops relating to stock queries and when required, assist by informing which other Retail Shops can be contacted for stock or contact the Warehouse as required.
• Support the Allocator as required and provide cover in their absence, assisting with the changeover monitoring process.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Degree in Merchandising or practical attainment and GCSE at grade C or above in English and Maths and 2 A Levels.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word and Excel.
• Previous experience in merchandising in a retail role with experience of analysis and interpretation of data and managing budgets.
• Experience in Cognos and Prima is desirable.
• A keen interest in fashion with a passion for the Paul Smith brand.
• Very methodical, accurate and systematic with excellent planning, prioritisation and organisational skills to set deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written skills.
• A team worker who can work using their own initiative and are able to build effective working relationships.
• Flexible over working hours and holds a full, current driving licence.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days