Merchandiser - Womenswear Tailoring
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the team
You will lead your Merchandising team to plan, propose and develop new ranges while rigorously managing budgets, sales and stock levels to ensure the relevant products are in the right place at the right time.
About the role
* Plan and propose new ranges while managing budgets, sales and stock levels.
* Carefully plan new ranges, analysing seasonal trends and ranges, taking ownership of the critical path.
* Build productive relationships with suppliers, negotiating the best delivery dates.
* Drive the development, buying and progression of the range.
* Analyse sales and stock data while reacting to issues and reforecasting budgets throughout the season.
* You are a natural leader and will manage your team, intelligently coordinating your resource and workload.
* A team player, you will work with your Buyer, Designer and Technologist to build a balanced range.
* You have a high level of commercial awareness and can identify opportunities for maximising sales.
* Highly organised, you will be realistic and ensure deadlines are met.
* Confident and decisive, you can solve problems and quickly react to sales data.
Technical skills/business skills required
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
* Highly numerate
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Healthcare Scheme
- Uniform Allowance