Merchandise Compliance Specialist
Country : United Kingdom
Region : East
County : Hertfordshire
Town : WATFORD
Category : Consulting - Audit
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
- Support the Merchandise Compliance Manager in the effective delivery of an internal Trading Standards service and the management of enforcement challenges (e.g. criminal investigations, import delays, non-compliant products and underage sales).
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, across TJX Europe, USA, Canada and Australia, in order to improve compliance and facilitate solutions.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant UK and EU legislation, standards and best practice in order to be a subject matter expert on Trading Standards matters.
- Identify and research changes to legislation, standards and best practice, assess the potential impact on the business and work with internal stakeholders to implement suitable solutions.
- Provide specialist advice and support to a wide range of internal stakeholders to ensure products are supplied in accordance with TJX standards.
- Review product samples and labelling to ensure they comply with TJX standards.
- Review technical documentation including test reports, safety assessments and Declarations of Conformity to ensure products are supplied in accordance with TJX standards.
- Contribute towards a wide range of projects by providing specialist advice and support in order to improve compliance in partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with our buying teams to support the growth of their business and explore new opportunities whilst ensuring products comply with TJX standards.
- Develop training materials and deliver compliance training to a range of internal stakeholders.
- Investigate safety complaints in partnership with internal and external stakeholders and recommend an appropriate course of action.
- Conduct risk assessments in relation to non-compliant and unsafe products and provide specialist advice to the Merchandise Compliance Manager and Product Recall Group.
- Support the Merchandise Compliance Manager to take corrective action in relation to unsafe and non-compliant products, including recalls, withdrawals, product testing and notifying authorities.
- Build effective relationships with regulators across Europe and support the Merchandise Compliance Manager to maintain our Primary Authority partnership with Trading Standards.
- Respond to referrals from Trading Standards and other regulators and investigate the causes of non-compliance to prevent reoccurrence.
- Partner with and support internal stakeholders to manage difficult customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Partner with and support our Legal team to effectively manage intellectual property and brand issues and minimise our exposure to risk.
- Partner with our compliance teams in the USA, Canada and Australia to share best practice and identify solutions to challenges.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to conduct merchandise audits to ensure products meet TJX standards and investigate and rectify any non-compliances.
- Support the Merchandise Compliance Manager in the training and development of the Merchandise Compliance team and colleagues in the wider Risk function.
- Deputise for the Merchandise Compliance Manager as required.
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.
Compliance, Merchandising, Law, Claims, Product Development, Legal, Retail, Insurance, Research
- Previous experience of a fast-paced retail environment and/or providing compliance advice to the retail sector will be advantageous
- Able to build effective relationships and partner with a wide range of people
- Able to assess risk and support commercial decision-making
- Able to communicate complex legal requirements in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of people
- Strong organisation skills in order to manage a busy workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong influencing skills