Menswear Freelance Designer
Grace Wales Bonner graduated from Central St. Martins in 2014. She was awarded Emerging Menswear Designer at the British Fashion Awards in 2015, and the LVMH Young Designer Prize in 2016. Wales Bonner has presented at the Serpentine Gallery and the Victoria and Albert Museum. Informed by broad research that encompasses critical theory, composition, literature, and historical sources, Wales Bonner explores a distinctive notion of luxury via a hybrid of European and African approaches. International stockists include Dover Street Market, Selfridges, 10 Corso Como, Joyce, Matches, The Webster and Galeries Lafayette.
The Menswear Designer is responsible for conceptualisation and design of the RTW Menswear collection
Liaise to the Creative Director and Head of Collection you will:
- Work alongside the Creative director and design team in the creative sessions for the menswear collection.
- Research seasonal themes and inspirations, in collaboration with the Creative Director and the Design team
- Work together with the Design team to implement colour palette seasonally as requested by the Creative Director
- Work closely with the In-house team on new fabric developments and fabric selection for the collection
- Work with the Creative Director and product development team to define the designs that will be sketched and put into development each season
- Sketching and handing off designs for factories for Fashion Show Collections
- Participate in the fittings in-house and at the manufacturer
- Establish effective constant working relationship with the In-house team and other Freelance Designers to ensure collections' coherence.
- Participate in the organisation of the Fashion Shows (look, allocation, etc).
- 3 years experience working in luxury design
- Strong understanding of the contemporary fashion and fashion history
- Understanding of Wales Bonner DNA
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high pressure environment
- A strong team player and considerate of colleagues
- send you resume in pdf.
- iMake sure your portfolio is including hand drawings and technical drawings