Junior ui Designer – HR Systems
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the Team
Our careers site is one of the most popular websites for job seekers, with over 150,000 visits a week!
As the sole UI Designer in the team you’ll be working alongside a talented team of Systems Analysts and will get involved in a variety of duties including bringing ideas to life, improving user experience and ultimately driving job seekers to our careers site with engaging and stylish solutions.
The role is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
About the Role
- Be tasked with creating amazing user experiences in a hands-on visual designer (UI) role.
- Contribute and influence design decisions through your expert research and knowledge.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas to key stakeholders.
- Use your awareness of design processes to question and challenge design briefs and solve design problems.
- Be the ‘go to’ person for the departments Design needs, this could be anything from designing posters that will be distributed to stores or engagement emails received by our candidates.
- Previous experience in a similar role and be able to demonstrate the ability to create compelling interface and experienced solutions to design concepts.
- Experience of working with website design and confident working on projects considering customer and candidate experience.
- Demonstrable working knowledge with design tools such as Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Sketch.
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to present your designs and ideas to senior project stakeholders across the business.
- Hands on and flexible attitude to get stuck into additional ad-hoc Design projects for the department.
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery