Junior Art Director - Japan
Country : Japan
Region : Tokyo
Town : TOKYO
Category : Design
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
He is renowned for his creative aesthetic, which combines tradition and modernity.
Reaffirming the values that Paul set down in 1970, ‘classic with a twist’ remains the guiding principle of the company.
Paul’s saying, that 'you can find inspiration in everything’, means that references are eclectic, coming from high art and everyday life. Each Paul Smith design is underpinned by a dry British sense of humour: quirky but not frivolous, eccentric but not silly.
Happily positioned between high fashion and formalwear, while taking reference from both, Paul Smith has always been proud to stand apart.
• To direct and create, creative assets required for the Paul Smith Japan website ensuring the visual identity and integrity of the Paul Smith brand is upheld and aligned with its global website.
• To have a clear understanding of the values of the Paul Smith brand, to be able to work closely with the Marketing and Press team to build relationships at all levels.
• Work as a conduit for all the creative brand initiatives and plans and interpret it appropriately for the local market needs.
• Working closely with Art Director, to direct, devise and execute seasonal campaigns for the different collections and product groups.
• In conjunction with Art Director, develop a tone of image that can be implemented across all licences and business touch points for the Japanese market.
• Direct all the photo shoots and visual image creations for the Paul Smith Japan website.
• Understanding the marketing needs, create creative assets and visual contents for SNS and other creative promotional and advertising content for the Japanese Market.
• Working closely with Marketing team and external agency, follow the marketing plan for the production and execution of all image collateral, ensuring all projects are completed on schedule.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Fluent in both English and Japanese.
• Knowledge of photography, lighting and image creation, a high proficiency of Capture 1, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
• 2-3 years’ experience in a fashion editorial and commercial styling or photography environment for magazine/brands.
• The ability to recognise and respond to current design, fashion and cultural trends
• Experience of shooting (with or without models) for E Commerce.
• A proven record of delivering projects within budget and on time.
• High level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office packages.
• The ability to understand creative direction and excel at translating this into desired quality creatives in a variety of contexts.
• Able to understand the Paul Smith tone of voice and imagery.
• Highly systematic and well organised with the ability to prioritise own workload.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced environment and to stay calm under pressure.
• Flexible over working hours and able to travel internationally when required.
• A keen interest in culture, fashion, music, literature and the arts.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• A generous annual leave entitlement.
Please note this role requires that you submit a link within the application form, to a colour portfolio containing work examples totalling no more than 10 pages this should be available for 4 weeks after the advert closing date.