HR Partner, Retail
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : LONDON
Category : Human Resources
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : Less than 2 years
Field Based, UK (£ competitive + company car)
We are looking to recruit an experienced HR Partner to join our team and provide support to our owned and operated Timberland stores in the United Kingdom.
Timberland is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of premium footwear, apparel and accessories for the outdoor lifestyle. For decades, we have been guided by a higher Purpose: to inspire and equip the world to step outside, work together and make it better.
Timberland is a subsidiary of VF, the world's largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands.
If you are an active lifestyler then you are probably very familiar with brands such as Vans, The North Face, Timberland, Napapjiri, Kipling and others. These are just some of the names we at VF produce and sell in over 1500 stores across 170 countries.
The HR Partner, Retail is a strategic partner that will align HR and business strategy. The ideal candidate will primarily do this by supporting and coaching our Timberland Store Managers to develop the capability of their people by being a visible presence in all their stores, responding to local needs in addition to implementing company HR practice in a consistent way.
Let's talk about the role!
Working alongside the HR Shared Services retail team and reporting into the Snr HR Manager for retail, you will be the primary point of HR contact for the Timberland retail and outlet stores in the UK. Working alongside key stakeholders (including the Timberland retail ops teams, other retail HR team members, Talent Acquisition etc) you will strive to deliver success in the following areas:
* In partnership with the Timberland leadership and HR/TA, carry out talent mapping to review talent pipeline, manpower and succession plans.
* Support with creating growth opportunities and raising profile of high potentials and actions to manage poor performers.
* Work in calibration with Talent Acquisition team to help manage all the recruiting processes within the assigned areas, following VF & Timberland Talent Acquisition guidelines, procedure and onboarding/inductions of new employees.
Training & Development
* Coach and mentor Store Manager's and District Manager's to drive capability, engagement and improve performance, both their own, and that of their team.
* Make sure the new employees are on the right track from the very first moment
* Identify and implement appropriate training for retail management and store needs. Including delivery of both business-as-usual training, Ad-hoc training and business needs training programs.
* To be the point of contact for Store Managers with ER related issues.
* To support, coach and guide District/ Store Managers with ER activities (I.e. grievances, disciplinary hearings) to ensure these processes operate effectively and within a positive framework of good employment relations.
* To manage the administration of the ER process/ other company policies to ensure the process operates effectively and to agreed timescales.
* To operate as a 'corporate conscience', being visible to all store staff and open to their feedback, acting on this as appropriate.
* Support retail management to identify the root cause of store/district performance issues including high turnover, then address and resolve through a systematic and analytical approach.
* Network and build relationships with wider HR function to help understand and influence their strategies.
* Wellbeing - Driving a holistic approach to build awareness and support for all our retail staff.
* Enhancing our culture strategy - That is purpose led, Performance driven, Value creating with a people first approach in mind.
* Create a close contact to the stores to understand the needs and help them during managing transforming, change and coaching though store visits, meetings and conference calls.
* Support with HR projects and ensure that continuous feedback is provided on key HR processes, policies, activities to ensure they are 'fit for purpose'.
* Contribute to the managing the Annual Compensation Review process for the assigned population aligning with HR Operations to ensure consistency at a Country and European Level.
How you'll make a difference…
* You will have a people first approach and possess an ability to build and leverage relationships with peers, stakeholders, and the business community to positively impact business decisions
* You will be able to adapt quickly to ambiguity and new and uncharted initiatives that become necessary to succeed in the very dynamic retail world and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities
* You will be an excellent decision maker who can work independently whilst balancing shifting priorities
In order to be successful:
* Our ideal candidate will have two to five years of HR Generalist/Specialist experience (ideally from a fashion/lifestyle/retail background)
* You will be confident, engageable and most of all, open and honest
* You will be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
* You will be computer literate with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and software programmes
* You will be based out of the UK and be able to travel frequently (up to 70% or more), including air and overnight stays often with little advance notice. You will also need a full driving license.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
What's in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing bonus and pension scheme and staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). And we offer the same. Only different. Because it's not just our products which set us apart from others. It's our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That's why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
And by the way, some of our other benefits include a generous contributory pension scheme, health benefits and much more!
If you liked what you have read and want to join our team then we would be keen to hear from you!
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful candidates for the interview stage.