Handbag Design Assistant
Danse Lente, which means slow dance in French, focuses on high quality handbags and small leather goods inspired by contemporary aesthetics and modern architecture. Each piece is conceived in depth in order to create a purpose-built product that will also create a unique experience to its predecessor. There is a playful and curious element to each design that appeals to a wide range of audiences.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Design Assistant with 2-3 year’s experience to join our design team. Based in our London head office the role will report to the Design Director.
Candidate must be Fully CAD literate with strong skills in Illustrator, Photoshop and Rhinoceros. Highly proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word)
- Assist in the development of new collections (leather goods and bespoke hardware development)
- Contribute design ideas by research and presentation of ideas
- Report and work closely with the Design Director to develop and design collections
- Strong knowledge of leather goods constructions, pattern cutting is required
- Assist in Teck-packs, Spec-sheets, 3 drawings, CAD rendering on Illustrator and Photoshop, material placement
- Must be able to create innovative digital prints, hand painting is a plus
- Work with suppliers and factories via written and personal visits when requested
- Assist Product development and Production in various logistic and technical aspects, liaising with overseas suppliers, shipping, samples management, quality control, fabric and trims, purchasing orders and provide any admin support as required.
- Developing new packaging design
- Team player
- Hardworking, problem-solver, flexible attitude, strong attention to detail, multi-tasking and great team spirit
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment based around 4 seasons per year
- Must be able to assist others when needed and work independently when required
- Adaptable – able to handle additional category requests based on business needs. As Danse Lente business continues to evolve, new categories, collections and collaborations will be added. Design and development duties will be allocated in the most sensible way keeping in mind the workload of the position and the skill and strengths of the talent in the role
Portfolio is required for this application. CV’s without relevant artwork will not be considered.