Fashion Editorial And Styling Assistant
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : LONDON
Category : Design
Contract type : Internship
Availability : Full time
Experience : Student
Starting date : ASAP
Salary : uncompensated/unpaid
Characterised by a unique combination of eye-catching covers, sassy language, arresting typography and powerful use of imagery, it is a quarterly magazine designed to arouse the interest of the digital generation; exciting and interactive.
With a trend-led editorial message that is quirky and strong, the magazine is aimed at fashion-savvy, open-minded individuals, inspiring them to be unique whilst pushing their own boundaries in style and culture.
With these specialised internships, students will gain an impeccable letter of recommendation, visual portfolio, and full credits in the magazine. Therefore, we believe this is an unmissable opportunity for fashion students who are serious about working in the fashion industry.
- Creating exciting visual contents
- Supporting photographic shoots as assistants to the Editor, Director or Production Manager
- Creating mood boards.
- Liaising with PR’s and brands - sourcing clothes
- Contributing to the creation of fresh and inspiring imagery for social media and digital content
- Writing articles for the magazine based on upcoming and current events, trends and concepts
- Assembling social media plans
Personal Skills / Qualities:
- Working towards a degree in: Fashion Communications, Fashion Journalism, Fashion Promotion, Fashion Marketing, Illustration or Graphic Design.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media, especially Instagram
- Excellent organization & time management with attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated & able to motivate others
- Flexible approach to work load
- Professional fashion-led image
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- An enthusiastic team player
- Market and visual research skills
- Photoshop and InDesign skills
What we will teach you:
- How to deal with a face-paced, high-pressure work environment while meeting deadlines
- How to expand on a vibrant and exciting brand through written content
- You will be mentored personally but the Artistic Director and the Editor in Chief
- We will assist you in building and tailoring your portfolio to reflect your achievements and desire career
- You will gain unique experience in expanding an entrepreneurial, exciting and vibrant brand. Leaving a distinct impact and measurable results based on your work in the team.