Fabric Assistant Merchandiser
Founded in Nottingham in the 1970’s, the Paul Smith collections have become internationally recognised and Paul Smith is one of Britain’s most renowned and successful designers. Up until the age of 16, Paul had wanted to be a professional cyclist, but a serious accident set him on a different path. Once out of hospital Paul fell in with a group of art students. They talked constantly about art, architecture and design and Paul found himself longing to be part of that exciting world. From its origins in one small shop in Nottingham in 1970, Paul Smith has grown into a global business, selling in six continents. Comprising of complete clothing, shoe and accessory collections for men, women and children; representation is further extended by associated product licenses where the potential of the brand has been recognised by key licensees in the fragrance, eyewear and interior businesses.
We are currently recruiting for a highly self-motivated and fashion-conscious individual to work in collaboration with the Fabric Merchandiser. The main responsibilities of this role are to monitor, order and pursue all fabrics for the Paul Smith collections and the Company.
• Work with the Fabric Merchandiser and liaise with all Paul Smith collections on the required fabric orders.
• Compile and communicate seasonal performance reports on fabric mills.
• Assist with the monitoring of the MRP (Material Requirements Planning) report during sales periods whilst liaising with Sales and Production teams.
• Use Prima fabric delivery reports to ensure that all fabric delivery dates are met.
• Monitor print approvals for the Paul Smith Men’s collections each season, and liaise with the Design and Fabric Merchandiser.
• Complete monthly fabric delivery reports to ensure targets are being met.
• Assist in the compilation of the prediction spread sheet.
• Compile early payment discount reports each season following negotiations with all suppliers.
• Follow up packing lists invoices and POD (proof of delivery) when required.
• Monitor and follow up fabric deliveries in order to achieve set targets.
Essential Experience and Skills Required:
• Educated to GCSE level, with a minimum of 5 C grades or above including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
• Advanced level in Microsoft Office.
• Previous proven experience of working in a busy office environment with competent administration skills.
• Proficient at inputting data with experience in completing monthly reports.
• A helpful and trustworthy individual who has the ability to stay calm under pressure.
• Team worker who can use their own initiative and create effective working relationships.
• Clear and concise written, numerate and communication skills.
• Able to liaise with third parties on a regular basis.
• Able to work to strict deadlines.
• Able to work extended hours over busy periods.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts -
• A generous Clothing Allowance.
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods.
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days.
How to Apply:
On applying please include:
• Cover Letter
• Your current salary and salary expectations
• The Job Reference number (this can be found at the top of the page).
• Please note, the deadline for applications is 25/08/19