Voir Fashion magazine is a contemporary, boutique publication for those daring to be different, and those unafraid to dream. It has forged a unique position amongst digital magazines in that it confidently draws on a new genre of fashion and beauty, and delivers it to empower its international reader.
It is informative, diverse and current.
Characterised by a unique combination of eye-catching covers, sassy language, arresting typography and powerful use of imagery, it is a quarterly magazine designed to arouse the interest of the digital generation; exciting and interactive.
With a trend-led editorial message that is quirky and strong, the magazine is aimed at fashion-savvy, open-minded individuals, inspiring them to be unique whilst pushing their own boundaries in style and culture.
Voir is offering optional work experience internship that works around the schedule of the students. Lasting anywhere from 6 months part-time to 12 months full time, Interns will be gaining hands-on industry experience with some of the biggest U.K brands and clients. Students will take on a role that suits their skills and interest rather than spending time making photocopies and coffees. These roles will include: writing articles for the magazine based on upcoming and current events, trends and concepts, creating exciting visual contents, assembling social media plans, contribute to the creation of fresh and inspiring imagery for social media and digital content, support photographic shoots as assistants to the Editor, Director or Production Manager and creating mood boards. With these specialised internships, students will gain an impeccable letter of recommendation, visual portfolio, and full credits in the magazine. Along with a flexible schedule, students have the option of either working at our office or remotely to better work with our interns' needs. Many of our internships walk straight into an industry career post internship from the connections and skills they have gained. Therefore, we believe this is an unmissable opportunity for fashion students who are serious about working in the fashion industry.
Main Tasks and Key Areas of Work
- Writing articles for the magazine based on upcoming and current events, trends and concepts.
- Creating exciting visual contents,
- Assembling social media plans
- Contribute to the creation of fresh and inspiring imagery for social media and digital content
- Meet and correspond regularly with the Editor and Artistic Director
- Support photographic shoots as assistants to the Editor, Director or Production Manager.
- Managing social media channels
- Assisting with clothes sourcing and press loans
- Creating mood boards
Personal Skills / Qualities
- Working towards a degree in: Fashion Communications, Fashion Journalism, Fashion Promotion, Fashion Marketing, Illustration or Graphic Design.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of social media, especially Instagram
- Excellent organization & time management with attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Self-motivated & able to motivate others
- Flexible approach to work load
- Professional fashion-led image
- Proven ability to work on own initiative
- An enthusiastic team player
- Market and visual research skills
- Photoshop and InDesign skills