e - Commerce Internship
The London destination for exciting contemporary fashion, MACHINE-A is located at 13 Brewer Street, in the heart of Soho. MACHINE-A is an independent concept store for men and women which focuses on exceptional British and International fashion design. Showcasing the energy and optimism of London's fashion scene, MACHINE-A provides a curated selection of collections from both emerging designers and firmly established brands. The Central London retail space is supported by SHOWstudio's international e-commerce platform.
Assisting E-Commerce Manager Mariana Kazarnovsky, and E-Commerce Assistant Hugo Gibbon, this internship is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing area of the business, and pick up the skills to start your career in the fashion industry.
This role requires strong organisational, communication and business skills, with emphasis on writing, time management, confidence with numbers and a strong visual eye. The role would suit an individual studying Business, Economics, Marketing, Communication, Branding & Promotion, and is looking to develop a career in E-Commerce, Retail Management or general management.
The successful applicants will assist all areas within the e-commerce department, gaining work experience in:
- Assisting production on E-Commerce shoots.
- Monitoring and processing orders and inventory management.
- Assisting in timely upload of product to the online store.
- Assisting with administrative duties & ‘Running’ tasks
- Learning to construct and implement customer retention strategies
- Research, writing and occasionally helping to implement promotional campaigns.
- Assisting with sourcing of promotional content for social media, newsletters, etc, to promote online and in-store product.
- Conducting research into competitors and learning to construct analysis reports
- Strong writing skills for creating online content.
- Business acumen, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Be organised and proactive.
- Time management - ability to work to deadlines.
- High attention to detail
- Keen interest in the Fashion & Creative Arts industries.
- Extensive knowledge of Social Media and Ecommerce.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, Adobe Creative Suit.
- An Arts of Fashion focused Marketing or Management related degree is preferred as well as previous experience in the Luxury market.
Ideally, interns work full time for a period of 6 – 12 weeks, although part time positions will be considered.
Mariana & Hugo