Hucklebones creates luxury clothing for girls aged three months to twelve years with a handwriting that is clean, feminine and sophisticated. Every garment is meticulously considered, with close attention to tailoring, cut, proportion and detail.
Collections are developed to offer garments that reflect both the upcoming trends and silhouettes as well as maintaining a classic timelessness and are sold in department stores and select boutiques worldwide.
A rare and exciting opportunity to join luxury London brand Hucklebones. This high-end girlswear & baby brand who are stocked in department stores across the globe are currently looking to expand their design team.
Fixed term 6 month contract - with possibility to develop into a full time position upon expiry.
Salary: negotiable depending on experience.
Role: Multi product designer. Girls & baby wovens with some jersey.
- Ambitious, charismatic and hard working with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Highly organised.
- Precision and accuracy in their work from concept to finish.
- Proven team player who can share ideas and work well with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work autonomously and manage their own time.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines in accordance with a critical path.
- A feminine handwriting.
- Experience working with an array of different fabrics and product types.
- Strong understanding of garment construction, ability to design and spec garments that perform well in manufacturing.
- Ability to create detailed tech packs.
- Good technical skills, can problem solve construction challenges and think outside the box.
- Be able to create clear technical sketches in Illustrator. A good understanding of Photoshop & Excel would also be beneficial.
- A good knowledge of current trends and the ability to apply this knowledge to suit a brands handwriting.
- Have the flexibility to travel for work.
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years industry experience in either womens or girlswear design preferably within the luxury market.
Successful candidates will be well suited to our company ethics:
- Always act honestly with integrity.
- Communicate clearly in an open manner.
- Be a team player and support colleagues.
- Take ownership for your own learning and development.
- Highly respect the brand's customer and their values.
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter and relevant examples from your portfolio. We regret that only suitable candidates will be contacted.