Deputy Company Secretary
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the Team
We have over 550 stores and a strong online presence in the UK and Eire, and in the past few years have gone well and truly global! We operate in over 70 countries and work with a number of international third parties to sell our products.
As the Deputy Company Secretary you will work as part of our dynamic group finance function reporting into our Company Secretary/Central Finance Director.
About the Role
- Work closely with the Company Secretary and be responsible for providing an excellent quality company secretarial service to the business. The role is high profile and carries a good degree of responsibility and independence, involving regular contact with the main Board, senior managers and external advisors.
- Have day to day responsibility for company secretarial issues arising within the group, including compliance with our listed company obligations, management of the Board calendar, creation and collation of board packs, and ensuring our statutory returns are filed accurately and on time.
- Take ownership of company share schemes and incentive plans including issuing award letters, liaising with the Employee Benefit Trust and dealing with a wide range of queries.
- Provide advice and information on regulatory, statutory and corporate governance matters, ensuring the business remains compliant and proactively managing new requirements on an ongoing basis.
- Drafting AGM related documentation and managing the AGM process itself, including shareholder voting analyses and feedback.
- Managing production of the Annual Report and Corporate Responsibility Report, as well as assisting with the maintenance and development of the corporate website.
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably ICSA qualified and with a broad range of company secretarial experience gained in a PLC.
- Experience of employee share schemes as well as previous experience of FCA, Companies House and other relevant authorities and professional advisors in company secretarial matters.
- Excellent organisational and IT skills including Excel and Word, along with good attention to detail.
- Great communication skills with the ability to advise and influence people at all levels including external parties and Main Board directors.
- First class report writing skills in order to produce concise and high quality analyses.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery