Creative Media Work Placement
Northern Irish designer Jonathan Anderson established JW Anderson in 2008.
At first an elaborate collection of accessories quickly attracted attention, enabling the fledgling label to show on-schedule during 2008’s London Fashion Week.
The success of this debut collection earned both critical acclaim and commercial success for Anderson, whose label is now regarded as one of London’s most innovative and forward thinking brands.
Its unique design aesthetic offers a modern interpretation of masculinity and femininity by creating thought-provoking silhouettes through a conscious cross-pollination between menswear and womenswear elements. This idiosyncratic perspective, which earned the label a cult following, prompted JW Anderson to present a women’s capsule collection in 2010.
A steady growth in demand gave occasion to JW Anderson first stand-alone on-schedule women’s show at London Fashion Week. International editors and buyers have also taken note, gaining the label a prominent reputation in the US, Europe and Asian markets.
JW Anderson has evolved into an internationally renowned and award-winning brand, with accolades including British Fashion Awards for ‘Emerging Talent, Ready-to-Wear’ (2012) and ‘The New Establishment Award’ (2013).
A recent investment by LVMH Moët Hennessy further cements JW Anderson‘s status as a rising, new-generation brand. Following the investment Jonathan Anderson was also appointed Creative Director of Loewe, and works on both brands in tandem.
Throughout the work experience the student will gain experience in:
- JWA Workshops / Showrooms / Wholesale spaces: Support the installations and the seasonal/weekly VM changeovers
- Store concept development through digital graphics
- Development of seasonal display props including rails, furniture, jewellery display, mannequins
- Technical specifications
- Suppliers sourcing and ensuring strong communications to build the designed props
- Transport and shipping logistic
- Support the team throughout every aspect of visual merchandising
- Research: Photographic monthly market research
- Printed Collateral: Support the VM team with designs and layouts of various internal and external printed collateral including seasonal VM guidelines and training packs
- Shows: General involvement with set designs of the shows and model dressing under the direction of the RTW design team
- Admin: General admin for the department
The work experience placement is only available to students in tertiary education. There will be no payment for this work experience placement but travel expenses will be covered. The length of placement is 6 weeks minimum and up to 3 months maximum if accredited by your university.