UNIQLO is a modern Japanese company that inspires the world to dress casually.
UNIQLO has enjoyed strong growth by offering high-quality casual wear at reasonable prices based on its SPA (Specialty Store Retailer of Private Label Apparel) business model, which spans product design, manufacture, distribution and retail.
The first UNIQLO store opened in 1984 in Japan. UNIQLO now has more than 1900 stores and worldwide operations, including the U.K., China, Hong Kong, South Korea, the United States, France, Singapore, Russia, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Germany, Belgium, Australia and Canada.
Part of the Fast Retailing group, UNIQLO is truly determined to achieve the goals in the group's mission statement: "Changing clothes. Changing conventional wisdom. Change the world." and to become the #1 Retail Apparel Group in the world.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
UNIQLO Europe is accelerating its expansion in EU, which incurs huge amount of investments. We will need stronger control around costs and also need to reform the existing cost structure and spending patterns within the company.
In addition, we would need find and also be selective on our new partners/suppliers, and establish stronger relationship of overall store materials items as well as indirect spending.
We are looking for candidates who can take initiatives to achieve stronger foundation of our business.
•Deep dive and analyze current and previous years general ledger, AP/invoice data in order to locate seeds of cost savings and cost drivers
•Investigate chances of structural reform for existing procedures/departments to streamline efficiency and challenge existing sourcing methods with other departments
•Acquire visibility over current spending habits and processes in order to find new areas of savings which previously went untapped from existing vendors to store operations
•Possibility of running a committee with management to determine the investments, analyse company costs in order to make well informed decisions relating to project feasibility
•Lead the development, tendering, negotiations
•Take initiatives to improve the current store material supply chain
•Collaborate with other region cost control members to spread and adopt best practices
- Strong commercial and numeric awareness
- Computer literate MS Windows, High proficiency in Excel. Knowledge of MRP package (Oracle) and data modelling recommended but not essential
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills at all levels
- Attention to details, good analytical skills
- Good understanding of P & L
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great negotiation skills to interact with internal and external partners
- High flexibility and strong work ethics
- Ability to operate in a collaborative manner to ensure full engagement of other parties
- Think outside the box
- Ability to educate stakeholders on the sourcing process and procurement best practice
- Implication with regard to contracts and suppliers