Copy Manager (Maternity Cover)
Country : United Kingdom
Region : East
County : Hertfordshire
Town : Watford
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
To demonstrate high levels of creative expertise to develop and create copy content for all channels and digital creative, covering: emails, gift cards, signage, CR, homepages, NTW, tannoys, radio and predominantly social media. Delivering effective and engaging creative copy for both brands.
Reporting into the manager of copy at TJX Europe, the copy manager will play an influential role in developing junior team members and overseeing freelancers, and will have specific responsibility for the timely production of creative copy and the creation of seasonal, weekly, daily and evergreen content in line with agreed schedules and business requirements.
The copy manager will support the development of a Centre of Excellence for digital creative copy for the growing retails brands TK Maxx and Homesense within TJX Europe, part of the Global Retail Company TJX, Inc.
Creative copy delivery
- To utilise their proven copy skills and experiences to deliver best in class copy for store experience, CR, social mdia, customer communications and advertising.
- Develop ideas and write engaging, inspiring and on-brand copy for all channels, especially social.
- To follow and interpret copy direction to ensure that they deliver compelling and differentiating 'on brand' copy for daily, weekly and seasonal campaigns.
- To find inspiring, innovative and creative ways to bring the TK and Homesense brands to life.
- To challenge and innovate within the creative team.
- Specific responsibility for the day-to-day creation and timely delivery of work to briefs.
- Working closely with the manager of copy to develop and define, differentiating and compelling tone of voice and engaging, relevant content.
- Review and optimise all creative copy on an ongoing basis.
- Innovate and maintain up to date knowledge of other brands and competitors.
- On-board and oversee occasional freelancers
- Collaborate with external agencies.
- Present to our business partners.
- Work with manager of copy to develop a strong tone of voice for both brands.
- Working with the manager of copy and AVP of creative to define 'creative team' processes, ensuring that they are efficient and integrated.
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement of creative processes.
- Working closely with the other copywriters, and Brand & Marketing partners, ensuring a consistent and optimised Omni-channel approach to all activity- Including, but not limited to, working closely with the Brand team, Loyalty, Social Media, PR and Digital Media teams that sit within the Core Brand & Marketing function.
- To maintain a record of 'costs' of creative for the Copy Manager to help control and monitor the creative budget.
- To contribute to the definition and development of copy style and technical guidelines.
- In conjunction Manager of copy to learn, analyse and assess results of campaigns against business objectives.
Team and Relationship Management
- To embody a positive and creative attitude at all times.
- To create a positive, supportive and innovative culture within creative copy team.
- To support the development of junior copywriters within the team to deliver all copy within budget, on-time and to the required standards.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with the TJX Core Brand and Marketing team, E-commerce teams and business functions to help facilitate the TJX omni-channel vision.
- Utilise their own experiences and unique skills to mentor and develop the team's copy knowledge and skills.
- Established within an creative copy team as a senior copywriter for a large retail business.
- A creative thinker and idea generator with strong creative copywriting skills.
- An empathetic person who is good at managing and nurturing people.
- Puts the brand and customer at the heart of copy development process.
- Ability to create and deliver to tight deadlines to ensure the timely delivery of daily, seasonal and project works.
- Experience of working with best practice copy writing and production processes and the ability to review, evaluate and improve.
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Some experience in managing third party agencies to deliver results
- A positive, creative and influential personality.
- Experience with social media and content creation essential.
- Experience of working with task management tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, Trello, Google Doc's etc.
- Excellent command of English language and eye for detail
- Background in digital marketing advantageous
- Passionate interest in fashion, homeware and shopping!
- Can self-sub, with a meticulous eye for checking copy
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you'll find that it's so much more than a job. When you're a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It's our way of empowering you to make your career here.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.
Manager, Marketing Manager, Advertising, Journalism, Relationship Manager, Management, Marketing, Publishing, Customer Service