Commercial Work Placement
Northern Irish designer Jonathan Anderson established JW Anderson in 2008.
At first an elaborate collection of accessories quickly attracted attention, enabling the fledgling label to show on-schedule during 2008’s London Fashion Week.
The success of this debut collection earned both critical acclaim and commercial success for Anderson, whose label is now regarded as one of London’s most innovative and forward thinking brands.
Its unique design aesthetic offers a modern interpretation of masculinity and femininity by creating thought-provoking silhouettes through a conscious cross-pollination between menswear and womenswear elements. This idiosyncratic perspective, which earned the label a cult following, prompted JW Anderson to present a women’s capsule collection in 2010.
A steady growth in demand gave occasion to JW Anderson first stand-alone on-schedule women’s show at London Fashion Week. International editors and buyers have also taken note, gaining the label a prominent reputation in the US, Europe and Asian markets.
JW Anderson has evolved into an internationally renowned and award-winning brand, with accolades including British Fashion Awards for ‘Emerging Talent, Ready-to-Wear’ (2012) and ‘The New Establishment Award’ (2013).
A recent investment by LVMH Moët Hennessy further cements JW Anderson‘s status as a rising, new-generation brand. Following the investment Jonathan Anderson was also appointed Creative Director of Loewe, and works on both brands in tandem.
This student will be gaining work experience in:
• Assisting in preparations for seasonal shows and selling campaigns.
• Research and store visits.
• Supporting the Sales team to organize sample deliveries to/from showrooms.
• Assisting the sales team with client appointments: welcoming, refreshments, organising models and dressing, assisting in customer selection.
• Assisting the team to Input of orders into internal Zedonk system.
• Assisting the team on sales administration.
• Database update.
• General sales department administration.
• Supporting Ecommerce/Digital Dept. with day to day tasks and administrative duties. • Reviewing the website daily looking for bugs, looking for opportunities for merchandising the website to enhance sales and support special projects. • Reviewing and requesting more merchandise/stock • Supporting ecomm assistant with product lifecycle, catalogues and imagery. Supporting with new season uploads • Working on analysis of special projects and sales. • Communicating effectively with internal stakeholders and external agencies/suppliers. • Supporting with collaborations and special projects at JW Anderson Workshops. • Working well across departments internally. Competitor analysis and research. Customer services support
Mandarin or Italian speaking would be a bonus.