Commercial Finance Manager - Retail & Ecommerce
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : LONDON
Category : Finance
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
There is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Finance Manager for Retail & Ecommerce to join the Michael Kors Commercial Finance team, working closely with key stakeholders to deliver the strategic and financial objectives of the business.
This role will report into the Commercial Finance Director and deliver to the business robust planning and reporting, tight cost control and profit-driving commercial decisions for the European region.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing robust budgets and forecasts in conjunction with business partners for Retail and Ecommerce. Responsible for submission of the required reports, resolving queries and gaining sign-off by the European management team.
- Producing management reports and monitoring KPIs on key metrics, highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Effective cost control of all budgets and forecasts and providing stakeholders with relevant variance analysis. Holding monthly review meetings with each department to analyse performance and develop action plans.
- Business partnering closely with the Retail, Planning and Ecommerce teams.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to US finance and Retail teams when required.
- Listed company reporting / adhering to tight deadlines
- Expected to challenge current processes and develop value-adding analysis to support the business.
- Manage and develop a team of 3.
- Control of payroll budget for all stores. Instrumental in achieving budget figures, implementation of evolving payroll models. Working closely with Retail Directors and Operations team on all payroll initiatives.
- Detailed store profitability analysis and developing action plans for poor performing stores.
- Leading the preparation of monthly Regional Performance reviews by providing in depth analysis on store performance and hosting cross –departmental meetings to discuss key topics.
- Responsible for building quarterly sales plans for all Retail doors and gaining sign off from Field team and senior management.
- Ownership of the impairment review process to be completed quarterly in conjunction with the US financial team
- Working with Ecommerce Directors and VP to model new business opportunities
- Supporting the Ecommerce team with continuous improvement of reporting to support the growth of the Omni-channel business.
- Support the Omni-Channel delivery team with the budget management for multiple on-going projects as well as building profitability projects for new project sign-offs.
- Detailed profitability by territory and understanding how the change in distribution will impact the future P&L projection
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA Qualified with 3+ years PQE
- Strong commercial / business partnering experience, preferably in the retail industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Management experience
- Understand the fashion retail business in order to be able to advise on opportunities for further business growth and operational excellence.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Robust financial accounting knowledge
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Have strong communication skills in a cross-cultural environment. Ability to communicate with Finance and Non Finance customers.
- Be a self-starter able to manage own time, priorities and drive key projects.