Buyer (Maternity Cover)
Country : United Kingdom
Region : London
County : Greater London
Town : London
Category : Purchasing
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Day to Day
- You will have a strong focus on anticipating and meeting the needs of the TOPMAN customer, creating a balanced, innovative product range, looking at price point, quality and standards.
- Responsible for implementing the strategic direction and financial plans for a specific product category.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers.
- Driving and buying range for Wholesale and 3rd party business.
- Negotiating price, delivery and terms to support business objectives.
- Working closely with the Merchandiser to balance trading and planning, creating timely and exciting ranges for our stores.
- Working closely with Design to capture and develop the latest trends, and with Technologists to ensure that fabric and fit satisfies our high quality standards.
- Analysing the business and reacting in a timely manner.
- Defines and communicates clear vision of the future to team - translates into understandable goals and targets
- Provides positive leadership supporting the Brand / Company policy / Strategy and encourages others to do so
- Pre-empts the need for, and manages, change - supporting team throughout process
- Proven success at buying own area, preferably with (incl. any technical expertise required)
- Established track record of driving business forward
- Pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration
- Excellent commercial awareness and ability to drive profit
- Analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills
- Proven experience of managing and developing a team.