Assistant Store Manager
Country : United Kingdom
Region : South East
County : Oxfordshire
Town : OXFORD
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : 2 to 5 years
We've been around since 1988, building our British label into a global brand using nothing but our wits and the amazing team we have in place. From London to Shanghai and Tokyo to New York, our focus on service and style has gained us fans in any far-flung places you can think of.
Check out our opportunities and connect with us to find out what we’re all about!
Ted's Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted's high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: 'Would Ted do it that way?'
Our approach is “no ordinary” and so are our people. Ted is looking for talenTED new recruits to join his expanding UK & Europe teams. A sharp CV is a good start but experience alone doesn't always count for everything. If you're a fashionable lad or lass and know the difference between a loo and a lift, then you might just make the cut.
ExciTED for a new opportunity? Ted Baker London is currently seeking a talented and passionate full-time Deputy Manager for our beautiful Oxford location!
So, You Think You've Got What it Takes. . .
The Deputy Manager role is to partner with the Location Manager to drive the business and the location's achievement of KPI's and coaching the team to achieve excellence. To be accountable for the successful operational running of the location in the Managers absence and be an inspirational ambassador of Ted understanding and promoting the company's “Mission Statement” and “Vision”.
- Ensure the team maximizes sales potential by the correct use of all resources, leadership and team motivation.
- Deliver effective recruitment, training and motivation of the team. Adapt personal, interpersonal and Managerial behavior to bring out the best in people and enhance the company brand values.
- Ensure store and team members are presented to the highest possible standards in line with brand expectation. Be competent in product knowledge and feedback regularly to Store Manager on performance and opportunities.
- Reflect the values of the brand with integrity and respect for others. Be seen as truthful, fair and trustworthy and demonstrate enthusiasm and passion for the brand.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Use feedback to modify and develop alternative solutions and be prepared to make decisions.
- Be competent in knowledge of stores performance and have a keen awareness of local market, support team to develop client opportunities.
- Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks correctly and on time. Manage store systems/processes to support a sales environment and achieve operational guidelines.
- Partner with Store Manager and Central Operations team on all back of house operations and systems/processes to support a sales environment and achieve operational & LP guidelines to protect all assets
- Collaborate with Store Manager in areas of risk management, physical security (health & safety), store cash controls (bank deposits, safe funds, petty cash), and inventory management (stock take, stock counts)
- A strong digital focus with the ability to embrace and drive new initiatives from concept to implementation, helping support new ways of selling and brand profile enhancements
- Previous sales and team management experience
- Previous retail sales experience in a high end, contemporary environment, with a passion for product, retail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Established relationships in the local marketplace.
- Preferred applicants will have a department store background