Assistant Merchandiser - Home Brands (6 Month Contract)
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the team
The branded homeware team works with popular home brands across many diverse product types such as kitchen, textiles and furniture. As an Assistant Merchandiser, you will support the team to launch new brands and products. You will also be responsible for managing budgets, trading terms and stock levels, ensuring that the right stock is in place at the right time.
About the role
* Analyse sales and trend data, ensuring your department, in collaboration with the Brands, is buying the right product in the right quantities on the right trading terms.
* Monitor in-season performance and address any issues
* Plan product ranges, maintaining accurate Merchandising systems along the way
* Support brands to trade on our online platform
* Support the team in launching new initiatives and projects within the wider business
* You are organised and can effectively manage and prioritise a wide range of tasks.
* A great communicator, you will build excellent relationships both internally and externally.
*You have strong analytical skills and can interpret key sales and trend data.
*You thrive in a fast paced, busy environment and love it when the day passes quickly.
*You are approachable and assertive.
*You have strong problem solving skills and a proactive approach
Technical skills/business skills required
*Competent in using Microsoft Excel
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Healthcare Scheme
- Uniform Allowance