Country : United Kingdom
Region : East Midlands
County : Nottinghamshire
Town : NOTTINGHAM
Category : Retail
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Experience : Less than 2 years
Starting date : April 2021
Salary : competitive salary + excellent benefits
Paul Smith is a tastemaker – a leader of British and international design trends. With an enthusiasm for eclectic cultural references and idiosyncratic combinations of pattern and colour, applied with understatement, Paul Smith expresses a truly contemporary aesthetic.
• To effectively manage all the shop staff in close liaison with the Shop Manager and Area Manager with all matters relating to the staff within the shop, with particular reference to recruitment, induction, training, discipline and appraisals. To ensure that correct staffing levels are maintained at all times.
• To maintain and increase sales throughout the year and achieve set financial & key performance targets
• To liaise and update the Area Manager regarding financial budgets and weekly reports relating to the shop, in the absence of the Shop Manager.
• To assist the Shop Manager and ensure in their absence, that the shop has the correct levels of stock and that replenishment orders are placed, as required, in close liaison with the Retail Merchandising team.
• To assist the Shop Manager and ensure in their absence, that the shop is always merchandised to the Company’s desired standard and that, with liaison with the Display & VM Department.
• To ensure that the staff are given relevant product training throughout the year.
• Minimum educated to A level standard / GCSE grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent, or high level of practical attainment. Advanced computer literacy in Excel and Word.
• Previous proven Deputy or Assistant Manager experience in high fashion retail.
• Proven practical people management skills.
• Ability to manage shop during absence of the Shop Manager in every respect.
• Proven track record in delivering excellent customer service.
• Ability to increase & maintain sales; ability to interpret sales related data
• Excellent grasp of all retail standards & procedures. Computer literate in shop management systems.
• Understanding of stock management.
• High level interest in the Paul Smith brand; Passion for style and fashion and retail in general.
• Has ability to motivate team; self-motivated & enthusiastic.
• Good planning & organisational skills. Ability to use initiative when required.
• Ability to be an ambassador for Paul Smith. Smart in appearance and individual.
• Reliable, trustworthy and honest. Able to work flexible hours to meet business demands if required.
In addition to the annual salary this role attracts –
• A generous Clothing Allowance
• Uniform Allowance
• Competitive Managers Bonus Scheme
• Discretionary discount on PSL goods
• An annual leave entitlement of 28 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 33 days calculated on a pro-rata basis for part-time roles