Assistant Fabric Sourcer - Womenswear
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the team:
Providing a comprehensive fabric sourcing service, identifying and proposing fabric direction across womenswear.
About the role:
- Provide fabric direction across our womenswear beach, swim, night and loungewear product.
- Identifying new trends and carrying out research to ensure the very best fabric selections.
- Working closely with our Buying, Design, Fabric Technology teams and external supply base to develop fabrics.
- Maintaining and updating the Fabric Library.
- Previous experience in a Fabric Sourcing role, preferably womenswear.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and an understanding of trends.
- Sound technical knowledge of fabric construction and finishing.
- Highly personable and engaging.
- Demonstrate work pace and organisation skills to be able to respond quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
Skills and Qualifications you have:
- Preferably qualified to degree or equivalent in Textile Design or similar subject.
- Communication skills to be able to build productive relationships across the business and with our global supply base.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery