Assistant Buyer - Home Brands (6 Month Contract)
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the team
The Branded Homeware team works with popular Home Brands across many diverse product types. These include Textiles, Kitchen and Furniture. As an Assistant Buyer you will support the team to identify and launch new brands and products. You will be responsible for on- boarding new Brands and trading existing Brands, this includes negotiating and selecting product categories.
About the role:
* Identify new product opportunities and Brands for the Next Home customer
* Monitor in season performance and address any issues.
* Build ranges and trade product categories
* Negotiate terms with new brands and complete the branded onboarding process
* Liaise with internal departments including ecommerce and pagination to ensure Brands are correctly represented on the Next platform.
* Visit any relevant Trade Shows or suppliers in the UK
* Passionate about Homeware
* Ability to identify opportunities and risks
*Good communication, influencing and negotiating skills
*Excellent commercial awareness
*Positive attitude and love a challenge
*You thrive in a fast paced department , busy environment and love it when the day passes quickly.
*You are not thrown with a sudden change of direction , instead you rise to the challenge
* Computer literate and comfortable with learning new product systems
Skills and Qualifications you have
* Experience as an Assistant Buyer
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Healthcare Scheme
- Uniform Allowance