Assistant Buyer - Beauty (Maternity Cover)
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Directory and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
About the Team:
Develop ranges incorporating the latest trends, negotiate costs and manage a supply base.
About the role:
* Offer support, development and review of the seasonal ranges, always looking out for market opportunities and new trends.
* Help to develop new ranges, communicating design briefs, taking into account price, quality and lead times.
* Accurately maintain progress systems, ensuring critical dates and deadlines are met.
* Build productive relationships with suppliers.
* Provide support and development to the Trainees in your team.
* Highly organised, you’ll be able to proactively manage a wide range of responsibilities throughout the development process.
* An exceptional communicator and negotiator, with a keen understanding of margin and costs.
* A team player who thrives in a fast paced, busy and challenging environment
* You live and breathe fashion and are able to present your ideas in a clear and compelling way.
Skills and Qualifications you have
Experience as an Assistant Buyer
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Healthcare Scheme
- Uniform Allowance