Account Executive - Accessories
Michael Kors is a rapidly growing global luxury lifestyle brand led by a world-class management team and a renowned, award-winning designer. Since launching his namesake brand 30 years ago, Michael Kors has featured distinctive designs, materials and craftsmanship with a jet-set aesthetic that combines stylish elegance and a sporty attitude. Mr. Kors’ vision has taken the Company from its beginnings as an American luxury sportswear house to a global accessories, footwear and apparel company with a presence in 74 countries.
The Account Executive is responsible for increasing MK presence and results in the allocated region.
- Responsible for all sales in UK, Ireland and the Nordics (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland)- Department Stores, Speciality Stores and online pure players
- Aim to build the brand profile and increase volume, distribution and profit in line with the company’s philosophy and distribution strategy
Set and achieve seasonal budgets (bookings) for the region
- Collaborate with Planning, store Buying teams and Retail development to ensure Retail sales plans are achieved and opportunities are maximised
- Analyse seasonal trends to ensure department / speciality store assortments are relevant
- Maintain +3 FY forecasts broken down by season
Safeguard and maximise market shares by visiting existing accounts and actively seeking for new opportunities in the markets
- Partner with Customer Service, Finance and Logistics to ensure issues are raised to the stores, finance reports are accurate and shipping of product is on time and cleared before the end of each season
- Focus on maximizing sales
- Review current selling style by style and react accordingly: both in season and to ensure correct assortments for future seasons
- Monitor replenishment program and ensure healthy % mix of replenishment and seasonal for individual doors and for total business.
- Review best/slow sellers in order to part-take in monthly merchandising/sales departmental conference calls.
- Monthly and seasonal meetings with retailers and planning to ensure the synchronisation of business plans: sales targets/ budgets/ seasonal vs replenishment mix etc.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of competitors and their strategies.
- Awareness of trends in the market place
- Ensure feedback is received and shared regarding competitors (working with Retail Development)
- Raising of orders on the company order entry system. Sending downloads to Customer Service.
- Proactive checking to ensure booking report matches orders raised prior to market deadline
- Notifying customers of cancellations. Suggesting replacement items where applicable (maintain budget)
- Ensure all customers are aware of when to contact customer services (POS/ PO queries/ deliveries)
- Booking of showroom appointments and updating diary.
- Maintaining seasonal account lists: buyer contact information etc
- Managing customer account queries; forwarding and resolving queries with Customer Service/ Finance
- Update customers with latest Press and any relevant information
- Organise samples for customer press days and presentations
Communication and Conduct:
- Act as an ambassador for the company and in the interest of the business at all times
- Develop strong partnerships and maintain excellent interpersonal skills with all store buying teams and Brand Managers as well as internal teams: Planning, customer services, retail development etc
- Excellent contacts to all top doors in the UK and Irish market as well as in the Nordics
- Retail/sales environment & wholesale experience
- Previous experience working with department stores is essential
- Strong communication / negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Team player energetic, eager to learn
- Highly flexible
- Proficient in Excel
- Bachelor degree